Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2022 11:18:28 AM EDT
Looking for something decent without spending stupid money.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Been discussed multiple times.

Click here for previous threads discussing 9mm muzzle devices.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Ideally, a suppressor but that is spendy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a lot of gas in a 16" 9mm. I went with a ASR single port comp.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my Kaw linear comp.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you expect of it?  Flash suppression?  Recioil mitigation?  I used a flash can on mine just to clear the front of the handguard.  You won't see much recoil mitigation from a brake if that is your concern.  A cheap A2 style will help with flash.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess that was kind of an open ended question.
16" barrel
Behind enemy lines so, no flash or noise suppressors allowed
Not even sure I really need one but, the barrel is threaded so somethings got to go there. Big picture, I'd like this to be as new shooter friendly as possible.
And for the record, I did try the search feature but, nothing popped for the last 30 days.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
16" barrel
Not even sure I really need one but, the barrel is threaded so somethings got to go there. Big picture, I'd like this to be as new shooter friendly as possible.
And for the record, I did try the search feature but, nothing popped for the last 30 days.
View Quote

Maybe a thread protector then?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.lugusmfg.com/collections/mb003-9mm

Using few of those on my 22lr and 9mm ar’s, but the Kak "SLIMLINE FLASH CAN” which is just a little over 1” long works good as well and it’s easier to clean the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
On my cheaper PCC builds, I've had good luck with listings that pop up on ebay every once in a while. (Super cheap) and I've had good luck with a few of the muzzle devices from DTT. They've got alot of the flash can style. And there are some haters of guntec on this forum. But the Guntec AR9 Micro Slipover Barrel Shroud works pretty well for a PCC. It looks better in my opinion than a cheap flash can also. But just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
16" barrel

Three 16 in. bbl. 9mm AR builds over the last fourteen years (most recent was late 2017), and a thread protector is all I've ever used.  And I haven't seen/heard any good reason to use anything else.  Not much burning gas or soot at the end of a 16 in. 9mm barrel.
Best of luck with whatever you pursue.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
My Extar EP9 came with a small brake with one upward facing port, I replaced with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Very happy with this one from Ebay for my FM9...

Nitrided Stainless Blast forwarder
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought an Epsilon VG6 for my 16" PCC...it was a waste of money.  Not enough gas to make it effective plus it's a pain in the ass to remove lead from. Looks cool though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#14]
9mm gamma
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top