Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 7:17:04 PM EDT
I put 90 rounds through it today. Functioned just fine on my 8.5 and 5 inch upper. Comfort level a little better than the shockwave, imo.

You will need a spanner wrench for tightening the castle nut. An AR wrench won't fit into the slots. Probably my only complaint.

The spring loaded push button extension is solid and the brace locks up tight.

Since I can only attach 4 pictures per post there will be a few.

First off, here is the overall length measurements of the brace open and closed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

If you're interested in a "firearm" for mounting a vfg, here is the overall length of the weapon with brace extended and a 10.5 inch barrel... My brake is pinned for roughly 10.7" barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Comparison to the PDW viper stock. Just a hair over 0.25" difference.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything else you want to know or see, just ask. I'll be uploading a video of safety manipulation shortly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Standard mil-spec safety is difficult when swiping your thumb. Not a problem with thumb tip flipping.

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get it? What are the details on the buffer tube and spring/buffer system?

Thanks for the initial review, looks like a great option.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, I have one coming in the next few days, and I have a 4.75" Barrel waiting for it

I do wish that the stabilizer was shorter like the stock version, so it could shave off that extra 1/2" in length. I wonder why they decided to make the plastic stabilizer piece longer than the stock? Maybe to make the OAL easily over 26"?  Is the pistol OAL measured with brace extended per ATF?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you get it? What are the details on the buffer tube and spring/buffer system?

Thanks for the initial review, looks like a great option.
View Quote
Proprietary. Buffer tube extends only 5" from the end of the receiver when installed. QD cup on the end for sling. Stubby 1.8oz tungstun filled buffer and a flat wire spring. There don't appear to be any different weight buffers or different springs rates available at this time.

I bought it directly from strike. It's still listed as a pre-order. Just type "PDW" into the site's search bar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Proprietary. Buffer tube extends only 5" from the end of the receiver when installed. QD cup on the end for sling. Stubby 1.8oz tungstun filled buffer and a flat wire spring. There don't appear to be any different weight buffers or different springs rates available at this time.

I bought it directly from strike. It's still listed as a pre-order. Just type "PDW" into the site's search bar.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/IMG_20181126_203150_jpg-752111.JPG
View Quote
I was hoping for some version of their short buffer system. I might have to order one up and give it a go. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Who has these in stock + shipping?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the pics and the review, Definitely looks like a solid piece.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome write up OP

Thanks for taking the time
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I was able to lose 1/2" off the end by moving the brace further up on the rail.

Before

After
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who has these in stock + shipping?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not sure, I got super lucky, I ordered from MDX Arms and they sent it out the next day, but I think that was their last one, from speaking on the phone with them. I think everywhere else is still waiting for more.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting how they include a cheek rest with an arm brace.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was able to lose 1/2" off the end by moving the brace further up on the rail.

Before
https://i.imgur.com/o4Jd9aGh.jpg

After
https://i.imgur.com/9aNCYEYh.jpg
View Quote
Ah, I see what you did. Very nice to know. If there was room that that kind of adjustment I wonder why it wasn't done from the beginning? Trim work looks clean too. Well done! I know what I'm doing once I get home!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Price point?  anyone know the differences between OAL of this and the Maxim PDW brace?   Great write up, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ah, I see what you did. Very nice to know. If there was room that that kind of adjustment I wonder why it wasn't done from the beginning? Trim work looks clean too. Well done! I know what I'm doing once I get home!
View Quote
I did have to drill a bit deeper in the hole where the tube goes in. If you decide to do it, make sure you measure and mark your drill bit so you don't go too far.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Question for you OP or someone who has the Strike Viper Stabilizer PDW and a Shockwave Blade. What are the total weight of each. Including the stabilizer, tubes, springs and buffer, just to compare the total differences in weight. If I recall correctly the Strike is 1 lb 3oz (19oz).

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Edit update, I got up and pulled mine apart and weighed it myself.

The Strike Viper PDW Stabilizer Weighs: 19oz

The Shockwave Blade Weighs: 16oz
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Now need it to come in FDE or Tan ??
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#21]
What upper is that?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top