Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2023 9:19:26 PM EDT
I was digging through my parts boxes the other day looking for a Lone Star Ordnance (LSO) stowaway pistol grip for a era specific project I was working on, and I happened upon a different stowaway designed pistol grip. It is definitely not a LSO design. It is closer in size to a standard M16A2 pistol grip with a stowaway compartment: But it lacks any markings and I cannot remember when it was made or who made it as it was gifted to me a few years back.

It has a different way of opening the trap door than the LSO.
The LSO has a squared off slot cut near the bottom of the backstrap and the "button head" is square.
The other grip has a round hole near the bottom of the backstrap and a round "button head".

Any help as to when this might have been manufactured and who made it would be appreciated as I am drawing a blank on this one.

Regards
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Delton makes/made an A2 version.

I am not familiar with it though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Ergo A2 STO grip?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought one of the Ergo ones on sale once and then they went back up in price. Only place I see them listed lately was M&A parts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The Olympic carbines came with trapdoors on teh grips back in the early 90s (92/93).  But it has been so long, you now know everything I do about 'em.

All of my Ergo grips have had the storage space adn come with a plug, from teh $9 specials at JoeBobs to the regular retail and even a couple bought on EE.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Olympic carbines came with trapdoors on teh grips back in the early 90s (92/93).  But it has been so long, you now know everything I do about 'em.

All of my Ergo grips have had the storage space adn come with a plug, from teh $9 specials at JoeBobs to the regular retail and even a couple bought on EE.
View Quote

The Olympic ones had a sliding bottom with a plastic pin in it to retain it. It was easily lost. Ergo made a swing down trap door type grip similar to the Lone Star Ordnance one at one time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the answers.

I looked up pics. of the Ergo grip and that is it. I appreciate it that also gives me a better idea of when it was made.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]

My experience was that it dropped the contents on the ground during FA fire. After a couple of tries I gave up. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My experience was that it dropped the contents on the ground during FA fire. After a couple of tries I gave up. YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They fall out during standard use, just having the rifle slung while hiking wooded trails mine popped out and was lost.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought the silly giant Glock magwell pistol grip.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They fall out during standard use, just having the rifle slung while hiking wooded trails mine popped out and was lost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. I’ve thought of drilling corresponding holes through an A2 grip and one of these for some kind of pin to prevent it from coming off, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was digging through my parts boxes the other day looking for a Lone Star Ordnance (LSO) stowaway pistol grip for a era specific project I was working on, and I happened upon a different stowaway designed pistol grip. It is definitely not a LSO design. It is closer in size to a standard M16A2 pistol grip with a stowaway compartment: But it lacks any markings and I cannot remember when it was made or who made it as it was gifted to me a few years back.

It has a different way of opening the trap door than the LSO.
The LSO has a squared off slot cut near the bottom of the backstrap and the "button head" is square.
The other grip has a round hole near the bottom of the backstrap and a round "button head".

Any help as to when this might have been manufactured and who made it would be appreciated as I am drawing a blank on this one.

Regards
View Quote

Does the non-LSO AR grip have vertical grooves as well as a sliding door on the bottom?  If so, it is probably an unbranded Ramline grip.  The same grip with the Ramline logo was used on the folding stocks that Ramline used to make for some rifles (e.g., 10/22, Marlin 60 and Camp Carbine, SKS).  Also, the AR grip that Olympic Arms (OA) used appeared to have mostly sold that had a sliding door on the bottom had horizontal grooves; and I believe that some AR pattern OA firearms were also sold with the unbranded Ramline grips.
TAPCO also used to sell an AR grip in a SAW type pattern that had a stowaway compartment and horizontal grooves, but the compartment has a hinged, not sliding, door.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#14]
No I found some pictures on line after so suggestions here and it definitely a Ergo Grip.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top