Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2020 10:25:53 AM EDT
Been looking for almost a year now on here, ebay, gunbroker, armslist, everywhere I can think of for these 2 items and have come up dry, anyone have a source for retro colt parts? Or is anyone willing to part with any of these items

VP 12 BARREL

TYPE C  HANDGUARDS
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No drain handguards? I have 2 right side and but unfortunately no lefts. If you could find two left I’d trade you one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No drain handguards? I have 2 right side and but unfortunately no lefts. If you could find two left I’d trade you one.
View Quote
I have 3 sets of no drain hole handguards lol the type C's like A and B, typically had red letters on the inside from the sheet metal, type C was also when they switched from green to black so the 602 had the first black handguard sets
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My 601 build took 3.5 years and it's still not perfect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
C handguards seem impossible to find.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
C handguards seem impossible to find.
View Quote
Heck I forgot there were even different no drain hole handguards.  Sometimes you just have to be content with similar stuff
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Heck I forgot there were even different no drain hole handguards.  Sometimes you just have to be content with similar stuff
View Quote
True, unless you are a purist, then the thrill is in the hunt and eventual acquisition.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm torn I want a correct 602 but I dont wanna have to wait years to have a functioning rifle
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm torn I want a correct 602 but I dont wanna have to wait years to have a functioning rifle
View Quote
In that case, build it using “other” parts for the ones you don’t have.  Then, when you locate the original/correct parts, change them out.  Most of us have “upgraded” or rebuilt many of our builds
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In that case, build it using “other” parts for the ones you don’t have.  Then, when you locate the original/correct parts, change them out.  Most of us have “upgraded” or rebuilt many of our builds
View Quote
Exactly...  Its pretty easy to just change a barrel out.... Heck handguards too.  If your into this stuff and dont have some punches, reaction rod and barrel wrench, your not having any fun.  Id have it together and out shooting with a 601 barrel in it
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Added pictures of the specific parts.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top