Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2021 3:40:41 PM EDT
These were long gone from Numerich when I got into AR-180's for the first time. I never expected to stumble across one but I did.

I want to know if anyone knows where these came from? Did they see any action or were they just carried a lot?

Mine has a perfect amount wear and grime! I love it! Plan is to put it back in service as a Semi Auto. Recreating the 'battle field pick up" look.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score!!..Where did you get it? And who is making receivers?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get it from?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I had someone contact me through my web site and offered me the Armalite parts he inherited. His father had this and some other AR180 parts but never got to build them.

Nobody makes receivers, I plan to weld them back together. I have a semi Stirling lower that has some issues and I could cut the front of the receiver off. I haven't been able to determine how much overlap, if any, I have on the upper.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like 2 different upper pieces, one saw cut and one not so much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Rick remember reading about the Numrich Sterling AR-18 parts kits that were sold and only the lower was cut at first if memory serves me right, must of been 20-30 years ago.  Possible they came from Africa and had more than one owner, any sand? Nice find and agree with keeping the well used look. Maybe someone at Numrich can fill you in on the details.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rick remember reading about the Numrich Sterling AR-18 parts kits that were sold and only the lower was cut at first if memory serves me right, must of been 20-30 years ago.  Possible they came from Africa and had more than one owner, any sand? Nice find and agree with keeping the well used look. Maybe someone at Numrich can fill you in on the details.
View Quote

What I heard about all that from Pete was that the uppers were cut and the lowers were not when first delivered. Everyone got a certified letter instructing them to return the lowers and they cut the front of the mag well off.

Reminds me of the Sten Mk5 fiasco. They torch cut them in a way that you could still shoot them. They had to be returned and cut some more.

The wonderful world of parts kits.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Rick I couldn't remember if it was upper or lower, long time ago but Pete would know the story. Talking of Pete is he still active or has the AR-18/180 torch been passed to you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
That is awesome!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
awesome!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top