Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 4:09:13 PM EDT
Does anyone know if a stock Springfield St. Victor pistol comes stock with a BCG that will support full auto? Have read mixed reports but the consensus seems to be yes…thought I’d confirm here.

Reason being (I own 2) and one I thought about equipping with a binary trigger. Have been looking at the Franklin Armory and the Echo Sport II (anyone have options on the manufacturers?). I’ve fought the urge forever but ultimately decided why not?

Never crossed my mind on a BCG that would support it until I watched some videos. Didn’t watch any that said the BCG needed to be swapped but thought I’d confirm here first.

(I just submitted one for a SBR for my first form 1. What a mess their website was. Yikes. That’s another post in itself).

Anyways….

Thanks for reading!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You do not need a "full auto" bolt carrier to run a binary trigger.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No? There’s a ton of misinformation out there then, because I keep running into different answers which is why I decided to start an account here.

For shits and giggles, any idea if the BCG on a st pistol is full auto ready?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know, there are 2 types of BCGs that will work in an AR15. An AR15 BCG and an M16 BCG. I believe the M16 is sturdier and built for auto fire. The Saint Victor pistol comes with the M16 BCG. I have one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
From the SA website - their description of the BCG on the pistol:

“BOLT CARRIER GROUP
Enhanced M16 w/ 9310 Steel Bolt, HPT/MPI, Melonite®“
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the SA website - their description of the BCG on the pistol:

“BOLT CARRIER GROUP
Enhanced M16 w/ 9310 Steel Bolt, HPT/MPI, Melonite®“
View Quote

Awesome, thank you!!

You like your pistol? I enjoy mine so much I bought a second and am in the process of getting it approved as a SBR. I don’t mind the noise and feel like for a 7.5” barrel, the diverter works great. Thought it would be fun to put a binary in the other. I have a Noveske pistol as well and the saints run just as reliably.

Appreciate the follow up and link
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine as well. Never had an issue with it. Runs extremely reliable. I’ll probably SBR it if the stupid ATF rules come through. No regrets with the purchase.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice, happy to hear! If you need any help on the E form 1, let me know. The website is kind of a PITA!

What a mess the whole “AR pistol” has become. What a joke…
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top