Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2021 5:12:10 PM EDT
Anyone see one of these unicorns yet? I'm not soliciting opinions on whether other PDWs are better/cheaper. I want the SA PDW. I own all three calibers of Saint Victor pistols (and a CMMG Guard in 9mm) and want the Edge PDW to complete my Saint collection. I go looking for them at some of my LGS' and chain stores 2x a week. Sales guy at the place where I bought 2 of 3 Saints tells me that he's had several Edges on order since SHOT show a year ago. They still haven't got a single one and they've had pistols when no other dealer in town did. Sure would love to lay hands on one (while simultaneously whipping out my wallet).
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
There's at least 15 on gunbroker right now but obviously you gotta pay first, touch later,
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Do everyone a favor and buy it second-hand. Don't give Springfield your money, gun grabbers are bad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone see one of these unicorns yet? I'm not soliciting opinions on whether other PDWs are better/cheaper. I want the SA PDW. I own all three calibers of Saint Victor pistols (and a CMMG Guard in 9mm) and want the Edge PDW to complete my Saint collection. I go looking for them at some of my LGS' and chain stores 2x a week. Sales guy at the place where I bought 2 of 3 Saints tells me that he's had several Edges on order since SHOT show a year ago. They still haven't got a single one and they've had pistols when no other dealer in town did. Sure would love to lay hands on one (while simultaneously whipping out my wallet).
View Quote

I've been watching for them to become available, too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Local dealer has a couple of them. Gets them straight from Springfield 20 miles away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
regretfully no way . when sai shit on the 2a i,ll never forgive them for it period
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Interested in PDW also.. Only one on GunBroker for $3000. Thats extreme price gouging.
Would appreciate a PM if anyone knows an FFL that has them in stock.

Thanks, Frank
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep looking, I love mine.
Keep a can on it and ready for use at home.
Paid $1399. But could not build one better, so I am happy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested in PDW also.. Only one on GunBroker for $3000. Thats extreme price gouging.
Would appreciate a PM if anyone knows an FFL that has them in stock.

Thanks, Frank
View Quote

Yeah... I was looking at them on GunBroker a while back and though I did find one for $1900, most of the others were around $2400. Considering that when I do finally get one here at a particular chain store, I'll probably get it for about $1650, because they usually sell guns for a little under MSRP and don't generally profiteer on things (though a box 5.56 did jump a dollar overnight a while back). Anyways... the fair pricing of the chain stores around here as spoiled me and considering that MSRP is $1699 (last I checked), I refuse to pay more than$1800 when I do find one. I want one more than any [attainable] gun in recent memory... but NOPE to paying a premium!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Keep looking, I love mine.
Keep a can on it and ready for use at home.
Paid $1399. But could not build one better, so I am happy.
View Quote

Damn! That's a great price. Maybe when I finally find one, it won't be much more than that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#10]
New Retail on website is $1777. And I was hearing that some came with sights and some did not. I read from another post that the ATF told Springfield they couldn’t sell with sights anymore  because it encourages shouldering the brace.....  idk.
   Would love to find one for sale.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New Retail on website is $1777. And I was hearing that some came with sights and some did not. I read from another post that the ATF told Springfield they couldn’t sell with sights anymore  because it encourages shouldering the brace.....  idk.
   Would love to find one for sale.
View Quote

Interesting. I've been wondering if the FTATF was causing SA grief over something. So damned 'tarded. Glad they've got their priorities straight. The [once great] empire is on its last few breaths, and some little desk-jockey tyrant is focused on a pair of flip-up sights for good American companies and citizens, while allowing God-only-knows-what to walk across the borders by the thousands every damned day (because it serves their puposes)#4(*. But hey... gotta keep those .gov checks rolling in. I know a good man locally (former coworker in the local PD) who went to work for the FTATF after he retired. I dunno how he holds his nose from the smell. That's all I'm going say about that... choosing instead to bite my tongue so my [very sincere] thread doesn't get 86ed.

ETA: mods please PM me if I need to edit most of this post. I'm not trying to stir shit. Just disappointed/disgusted @ 21st century America.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Still no Edge PDW. But I just walked into my toy store and they were just puting an Edge Evac on the rack and I saw it from a distance and walked up to ask about it with the gleam in my eye, and the sales guy took it off the hooks and handed it to me even before he'd let go of it. Said they just got three in and those were the first ones they'd even seen, since they ordered them 15 months ago. It's friggin cool as hell all folded up in its laptop sized (really more netbook sized) square soft bag. Truly discreet carry. Perfect trunk gun! I'm pretty stoked.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't hesitate! I don't personally own the EDGE PDW or the EVAC but they both serve a specific purpose and seem to do it well. I do have the Saint Edge Pistol and from my experiences I'm pretty sure they didn't miss a thing with these pistols. I love and trust mine! It is very reliable and accurate.
I need a suppressor though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Got a call from a sales guy at the gun shop where I've bought 4 of my 5 pistols from... he's finally got a PDW on the way from a distributor. Wanted to know if I wanted to lock it in before it hit the sales floor. YUP!!! So out came the plastic. Gotta cool it on the buying things for a while. I'm not a beta male (at all), but I need to focus on doing more household stuff for the wife now... and less toy chasing. But I'm stoked to finally have one of these things incoming. Will be a nice companion to my Evac.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Update: both the Evac and PDW were 100% reliable at the range. Along with my regular Saint Victor AR pistol, they are loud as hell. I shot my 20" HBAR A2 with those three pistols the other day and the pistols are pretty much 2x as loud as the A2 and have more recoil. There is a price to pay for miniaturization... but I love 'em regardless!
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's at least 15 on gunbroker right now but obviously you gotta pay first, touch later,
View Quote

Late to the party here, but buying second hand is the same as buying new.  Buying used creates a market for the used item, which supports the sales of the new item, just like with cars......

YMMV

Lon
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

There's an unlisted model SAI dropped. The Saint Victor PDW. Looks to have came out a month or so ago. A few threads over at The Armory Life about them. Looks to be the exact same pistol has the Edge PDW model except its built on a Victor lower. I couldn't pass it up and had to jump on it but there still really pricey for a pistol at $1499. Found it at Grabagun but the product picture is incorrect but SKU's match up.
https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/springfield-5-5-pdw-saint-or-edge.8171/
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top