Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2018 1:24:43 AM EDT
So I haven't seen too many video reviews on spikes rifles, and they always get compared to BCM/DD. Are they good to go? I'm looking at the 16" CHF mid length rifle with SAR rail.  I heard their customer support is great when it works but sometimes they take forever.

How are their SAR rails?

(this is the rifle in question)  https://www.spikestactical.com/collections/complete-rifles/products/complete-rifle-midlength-chf-16
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
GTG

I purchased one of their blackout uppers with the SAR rail and I love it. Build quality is very robust. The upper has seen 3 or 4 thousand rounds and still shoots like it’s brand new.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:47:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought one of their midlength optimum profile uppers this year and it's great.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have bought a lot of individual parts from spikes. Their premium stainless barrels are re-branded Lothar-Walther and will hang with the best. The powder filled buffers are awesome. Etc.

Sadly most of their complete rifles look like something guy fieri and jesse james dreamed up in the shower together. Then there is the whole spider/vader/dicks rollmark that gives AIDs to anything its plastered on.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have bought a lot of individual parts from spikes. Their premium stainless barrels are re-branded Lothar-Walther and will hang with the best. The powder filled buffers are awesome. Etc.

Sadly most of their complete rifles look like something guy fieri and jesse james dreamed up in the shower together. Then there is the whole spider/vader/dicks rollmark that gives AIDs to anything its plastered on.
View Quote
^^^

I think that sums up ST really well.  Not bad stuff, just will make you stick out in mall-ninja neckbeard kind of way.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Spikes is great stuff their quality is on the level of BCM, their barrel and BCG are top notch.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Spikes rules....
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
SAR is sweet, very light.  CHF barrels are very accurate.
This is my complete upper from them:
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Got just the upper...shoots MOA with 75gr Hornady Frontier & CBC 77gr.

I'm not a fan of how fat the rail is or the quad aspect of it, but it's damned solid.

You'll be pleased.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top