Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 6:21:50 PM EDT
Hoping to avoid any more problems so any info will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Spinta
No malfunction since I put it together
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Is spintaprecision good at restocking, most of the 9mm BCG's are sold out right now.  Also, am I right to assume the only difference between Flat & Angled cuts is looks?

Thanks man
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I originally had a Faxon to go with my Spikes Colt pattern lower but they were not compatible. I sent the Faxon back and managed to talk Spikes into selling me one of their BCG. They were not listing them on their website at the time due to low supply but they did sell me one after I explained my problem. Works great.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I was going to run a FM with my Spikes Glock lower, ran into a bit of an issue...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to run a FM with my Spikes Glock lower, ran into a bit of an issue...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Resized_20181201_214507_jpeg-757930.JPG
View Quote
Sorry man, new to 9mm BCG's.  What am I looking at here?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry man, new to 9mm BCG's.  What am I looking at here?
View Quote
The carrier key isn't cut to allow it to fit inside the charging handle. It slides into an upper just fine - as long as you leave out the charging handle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I originally had a Faxon to go with my Spikes Colt pattern lower but they were not compatible. I sent the Faxon back and managed to talk Spikes into selling me one of their BCG. They were not listing them on their website at the time due to low supply but they did sell me one after I explained my problem. Works great.
View Quote
That's exactly what I'm learning now, ordered the Faxon then read on their Page that it's not compatible.  The Brownell's Q&A said it was so I ordered it, now I'm sending it back and starting all over...
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The carrier key isn't cut to allow it to fit inside the charging handle. It slides into an upper just fine - as long as you leave out the charging handle.
View Quote
That did look a little proud but I wasn't sure, thanks another thing I need to be aware of.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That did look a little proud but I wasn't sure, thanks another thing I need to be aware of.
View Quote
This is what it's supposed to look like.

What's funny is that their whole YouTube video has the incorrect part.
PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT FOXTROT MIKE 9MM Complete Bolt Carrier
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://fm-products.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/FM-9BCG_04.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsntlYhKNJs
View Quote
Thanks for the info, funny how a bunch of us are buying the wrong thing because the Vendor doesn't completely understand the product.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Just heard back from FM. Looks like parts got swapped. This carrier design is for their proprietary 9mm setup. So it's not an issue of incorrect machining, just a parts mixup.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
for a Colt-pattern 9mm AR, the Faxon, FM-9, and Brownells 9mm AR bolts have the improved bottom pickup lug design to provide better likelihood of successful trigger reset of non-USGI mil-spec triggers.  Make sure you're getting the Colt-specific bolt because the front of the bolt has to clear the feed ramp. Glock 9mm AR feed ramp is different than the Colt version.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a cmmg 9mm bolt in my colt pattern 9mm ar
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I had no luck with the FM Products side charging upper and Spikes lower.  The BHO was nonexistent.  I ended up parting out the build and going another direction.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:12:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
for a Colt-pattern 9mm AR, the Faxon, FM-9, and Brownells 9mm AR bolts have the improved bottom pickup lug design to provide better likelihood of successful trigger reset of non-USGI mil-spec triggers.  Make sure you're getting the Colt-specific bolt because the front of the bolt has to clear the feed ramp. Glock 9mm AR feed ramp is different than the Colt version.
View Quote
Unfortunately the only the I do know is the Faxon BCG DOESN'T work with the Spikes 9mm Colt lower, that's where I started.  They have it stated on their Website but didnt go there til after I had problems.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had no luck with the FM Products side charging upper and Spikes lower.  The BHO was nonexistent.  I ended up parting out the build and going another direction.
View Quote
I'm going with Spikes newer dedicated 9mm upper with the new door, no side charging for me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I've got a Foxtrot Mike Colt bolt in my adapter block PCC.

Approximately 1000 rounds flawless, but intermittently (about 30%) a bear to charge when the hammer is down, the intermittent nature has me stumped.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm going with Spikes newer dedicated 9mm upper with the new door, no side charging for me.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1450/8200/products/0N0A0819-Edit_2048x2048.jpg?v=1531944785
View Quote
My god, that is pure sex.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I am using a Kaw Valley Precision in mine. I had to champfer the outside edges of the feed ramp in the lower to get the bolt to clear but it has run very well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://fm-products.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/FM-9BCG_04.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsntlYhKNJs
View Quote
Thanks for the recommendation, looks like we have a contender.  I would say winner but I still have to get everything else and make sure it works, but at least it clears!

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Spikes Tactical lower.

PSA complete upper.

Upper/lower would not close.  Bolt was contacting the bullet guide at the front/lower of the lower receiver.  Dremel/stones followed by Dremel/sanding drums followed by Dremel with felt drum/lapping compound fixed that.  Once I got the Spikes ejector bent over enough to actually knock the empty off the bolt face it's been 100% reliable.

I know of another (not a Spikes but had absolutely the same issues with the bolt/bullet guide and ejector needing to be tweaked) similar 9MM build for Colt style magazines.  Same exact PSA complete upper but with a PSA complete 9MM lower.  Once again, after the modifications it has been 100% reliable according to the owner.  He absolutely loves it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Looking for recommendations for a BCG  that will work with a spike lower and a CMC 9mm trigger
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My god, that is pure sex.
View Quote
I thought so too, costs roughly the same as any other 5.56 Upper.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top