Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2024 9:51:31 AM EDT
looking for a new/used set of the old ROUND hand guards for a 16" AR carbine. Anyone seen any recently?

Thanks!
d
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Out of all the handguards I have purchased these PSA GI H&R handguards are the best out there and seem to be equivalent to the original Colt
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a nice set from Cavalry Manufacturing. IIRC they sell skinny and the more M4 oblong ones too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the set from PSA (H&R) and already had a set from Brownell’s, dimensionally they were identical. The only difference, and it was slight, is that the H&R set were a little shinier, only the Brownell’s set was a good bit cheaper. I just checked on Brownell’s website and they’re not listing the 6 hole skinny set right now, maybe later?!  

Their retro stuff seems to really be hit or miss, like their carbine barrels that used to parkerized. I bought one recently to use for a 607 build and it was nitrided, the barrel from H&R was parkerized.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Any feedback on the Taiwanese ones from Linemount?

They're out of stock, so not sure if it's available on any sort of regularity.

Any experience with any of their other parts?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nehi:
Any feedback on the Taiwanese ones from Linemount?

They're out of stock, so not sure if it's available on any sort of regularity.

Any experience with any of their other parts?
View Quote
The Linemount ones are shiny like the PSA ones.
In fact the Linemount ones went out of stock a bit before the PSA ones went live and have not come back in stock since PSA started selling them.
They could be one in the same.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been watching the Linemount site for at least 3 months now and they have not come back in stock once. I refresh the page every day but the only change is that the price went up from $29 to $39 without them ever coming in stock.

I haven't bought the PSA ones as I can't bring myself to spend $65 on one repro handguard.

I bought a pair of the DSA ones and they work but they are no replacement for shiny colts. They are matte in finish and the ridges are too pronounced.

I also recently bought a pair of colt 7-hole skinny handguards from numrich - I stumbled onto them when they had two in stock and I bought them both since I had never heard of such a thing before. Now the listing is gone. They are nice handguards but not really clone correct. I think they are a more recent creation by colt for some of their commercial rifles. Not sure why they made these instead of just using the M4 fatties but who knows why colt does anything.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a 3-Prong Flash Hider - Phosphate Finish, A1 pistol grip and a A1 butt stock with trap door from Linemount. All was pretty good quality.

I bought these handguards from Shurluk for $15. People said they were really skinny reason I bought. They seem pretty skinny. I have not installed them yet.  - https://www.sherluk.com/m16e.php  Pictures - https://imgur.com/a/NzJKRHp
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#10]
Originally Posted By zul:
I've been watching the Linemount site for at least 3 months now and they have not come back in stock once. I refresh the page every day but the only change is that the price went up from $29 to $39 without them ever coming in stock.

I haven't bought the PSA ones as I can't bring myself to spend $65 on one repro handguard.

I bought a pair of the DSA ones and they work but they are no replacement for shiny colts. They are matte in finish and the ridges are too pronounced.

I also recently bought a pair of colt 7-hole skinny handguards from numrich - I stumbled onto them when they had two in stock and I bought them both since I had never heard of such a thing before. Now the listing is gone. They are nice handguards but not really clone correct. I think they are a more recent creation by colt for some of their commercial rifles. Not sure why they made these instead of just using the M4 fatties but who knows why colt does anything.
View Quote

Man it up and spend the money. The decent-good condition original Colt is now over $100 a set if you can find one. So $65 that looks similar to original one is not a bad price. Consider how much it will cost you to buy a so-so meal $10-15 at McDonald today.

I want Linemount set too but never see it back in stock. I refresh every few days and sign up with their in stock alert. Still nothing...
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Linemount skinny reproduction handguards are back in stock for those looking for more affordable one that looks more like authentic Colt's.

https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-xm177-car-15-handguards-6-hole-fits-ar15/
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mlin:
Linemount skinny reproduction handguards are back in stock for those looking for more affordable one that looks more like authentic Colt's.

https://linemount.com/product/linemount-retro-xm177-car-15-handguards-6-hole-fits-ar15/
https://linemount.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/XM177-Handguard-6-Hole.jpg
View Quote

Thanks. I been wanting to pick one of these up for the last 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Crap, I just put a Linemount order in 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Paradude54:

Their retro stuff seems to really be hit or miss, like their carbine barrels that used to parkerized. I bought one recently to use for a 607 build and it was nitrided, the barrel from H&R was parkerized.
View Quote

Oh, crap. That sucks, but I'm glad you posted that. Brownells had been my go to for retro barrels but I have no interest in Nitride ones. I need a few 20's and a 14.7 skinny. Guess they're going to be H&R's now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Ordered a Linemount set also with some other pieces.  Can’t beat the $4.95 flat rate shipping!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mlin:

https://linemount.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/XM177-Handguard-6-Hole.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a pair.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top