Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

The search feature is lacking, but there's a trick for two letter searches, use a dash.

Search "N1-" "mp-"

It'll work
View Quote

That will help.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:55:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Retroenthusiast67] [#3]
I put a bid of $150 on the mag catch, needless to say I dropped out of that quick. People who have alot of spare parts are millionaires at these prices
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
No way, Jose!

Definitely got more dollars than sense… or maybe Elon’s buying it all up, lol!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I really, really, really need to look at my spare parts stash, and figure out what is what, before I go throwing something onto a random rifle!

Dang….
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m starting to think it is time to strip down another 602 clone and a couple of more 601 clones just to sell the parts.  I had half a dozen extra “many circles” mag catches that I just sold at shows in the $100 to $125 price range!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M16indiana:
I’m starting to think it is time to strip down another 602 clone and a couple of more 601 clones just to sell the parts.  I had half a dozen extra “many circles” mag catches that I just sold at shows in the $100 to $125 price range!!!
View Quote

Before you go price crazy I might need a few parts lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Yesterday
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By akaLoneStar:
https://i.imgur.com/eBmeDEj.jpeg

Yesterday
View Quote

Amazing what folks will pay for ONE extra circle lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
It’s only money.

Worth less every day.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Considering I won almost every one of the items we're posting about in this thread, I can tell you that's the going rate for those parts. The few I didn't win was because they went just a bit over the going rate and I can wait for another. I'm willing to pay the price for all original parts for my retro builds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I think you should reach out to a few of the guys on this forum, I know for sure 3 of them have a hoard of those rare parts you bought at a third of "the going rate" or of what you ended up paying. I think that for the most part you ended up just getting into a bidding war with someone who just wanted to jack the price up. Just my 2 cents though not bashing you or anything, I just hate seeing people getting either screwed or not knowing there are other cheaper options. Best of luck on your retro builds, when you finish post some pictures, we love pictures here
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kc7txm:
Considering I won almost every one of the items we're posting about in this thread, I can tell you that's the going rate for those parts. The few I didn't win was because they went just a bit over the going rate and I can wait for another. I'm willing to pay the price for all original parts for my retro builds.
View Quote

I agree, there are jerks on GB that jack things up sometimes, but for obscure parts, that's the way it goes. I've paid a lot for items too.  
 I like to think of it as paying too early, not paying too much.  I remember when non chrome lined A1 barrels were considered garbage and could be had for nothing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you all for the advice, if you know people to contact or reach out to, let me know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Monday night...  If this keeps up, I may never own one...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]
There's always that one guy with deep pockets that ruins it for everyone else.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless the parts are going on a period correct rifle (lower receiver) and you’re very impatient with deep pockets, you’re paying way too much for what you’re doing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Coming up next....$800 for 1 dimpled mag catch....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tulizzy] [#19]
they are pretty rare....  I might list my prototype costa mesa fat head blued dimpled firing pin....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Last week I was aging some lower parts kits for a build. Naval jelly to turn them gray. Hydrogen peroxide / vinegar / salt mix to get the brown and yellow tinge to them. Green scouring pad to make some artificial wear. 20 minutes later I had a magazine catch release turn out almost just like that one. I was a trip out to the drill press in the building away from having a $785 "Colt 602 M16 Dimpled Magazine catch release Vietnam Retro Rare" part on my build. Wow, who knew.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#21]
These prices are definitely going to encourage counterfeiters. Let the buyer beware.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#22]
sellers are now going to believe that us retro guys can and will pay these crazy prices, so everything that is retro is going to be marked way up
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Svensson] [#23]
Originally Posted By Retroenthusiast67:
There's always that one guy with deep pockets that ruins it for everyone else.....
View Quote

These last few months it seems to be literally just one guy...

Great for the sellers, though!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Svensson:

These last few months it seems to be literally just one guy...

Great for the sellers, though!
View Quote

I know, I was trying to be nice and not single anyone out lol, but yeah its one dude with apparently lots of money, I got some of these parts I was hoping to list them soon and get the rest of my debts paid off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:54:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akaLoneStar] [#25]

Yeah, same guy won this one night before last.  I don't have a problem with it, just hoping to prices don't stick.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#26]
That buyer is a longtime member and posted above.  Some mentioned "you can get those parts cheaper", well, apparently you can't.   I don't understand everyone complaining.  The high bidder is just that, the other bidders were part of it too. Seems to be lots of deep pockets when it comes to obscure parts.  
  If you're going to make fakes and misrepresent the parts, then good for you, you're a jerk. AR15sport already makes reproductions of those parts.  I hope none of those were fakes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shane733] [#27]
Apex has a "Colt 601 M16 Parts Set, 20" Pencil Barrel, Colt Canadian Short "CS" Buttstock, Chrome Slickside Carrier Assembly, Duckbill Flash Hider, 5.56 NATO *Good*" in stock for $3495. I ran across it a few days ago. I think it just popped up. I don't know if it has any good parts on it or not. https://www.apexgunparts.com/colt-601-kit-canadian-short-duckbill-gd.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#28]
Clearly, I was the seller. I honestly had no inkling that it would go for that kind of money. I set the bid at $100 and it's not like I control where it goes.

I will say, it is absolutely 100% a real part. I had two of them that came off of lowers that were being demilled. This one was a spare that I just figured I'd see where it would go to maybe get some extra cash to put towards other projects. Just happened to go way higher than I had ever anticipated. Capitalism!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm the buyer of most of these items. You're welcome to call me out for paying these prices but there's a dozen other bidders bidding the auctions up, which sets the market price, not my willingness to pay more than the market price. I remember when I could get these items for a lot less 15 years ago also but the really rare parts are worth a lot more today.

This thread has been great for me though, it's been better than an EE WTB listing for rare Colt parts, a lot of people have reached out with parts for sale. I agree also that higher prices have brought out a lot of fake and misrepresented parts, I have turned down more than a few faked parts even from highly rated sellers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Holy shit! I think I have a few OG M16 ejection port covers in my parts drawer. I might need to stick one on Gunjoker...
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
lol. i got super lax about listing stuff since i got busy during covid and still have years of parts to list backed up. ive never even sorted trays full of early mag catches from a demil scrap yard. i know ive got some many circles in there. either im rich or my kids can retire safely. wow!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top