Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2019 9:25:42 PM EDT
Is there a clean way to use a paraclip to attach to an M4 style or similar adjustable stock? For A1/A2 there are saddle type adapters that give you a d ring on top of the stock. I’m looking for a way to get something like that on an adjustable stock.

I am not a fan of QD swivels. I am also not a fan of end plate attachments (ie, magpul ASAP paraclip plate). If I have to choose one I’ll keep the paraclips and use the end plate, but I want to see if there is an alternative before I go to that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally haven't seen any that attach to the stock.
But there's plenty of option if you want to attach to the end plate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#2]
ASAP plate or Paraclip QD adapter

QD adapter
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ASAP plate or Paraclip QD adapter

QD adapter
View Quote
I’m not interested in involving QD sockets anywhere. I understand the adapter doesn’t rotate but that looks like a jury rigged solution that is likely to fail.

I think the solution is to quit jacking around with QD anything, paraclips or otherwise. Fixed loop on handguard, threaded through slots on buttstock. No drama.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
There is always the Strike Industries sling that uses Kevlar loops on each end. Strong and silent with simple attachment.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m not interested in involving QD sockets anywhere. I understand the adapter doesn’t rotate but that looks like a jury rigged solution that is likely to fail.

I think the solution is to quit jacking around with QD anything, paraclips or otherwise. Fixed loop on handguard, threaded through slots on buttstock. No drama.
View Quote
Sorry, thought you were asking about Paraclip specifically. I have an MS3 with Paraclip... I moved the clip to the front of sling with the QD adapter on the hand guard and tri-glide at stock.

I mostly use tri-glides for stock attachment, QD or U-loop up front.

Example pic... top is tri-glide at stock, RMFL up front. Bottom is BFGs ultralight one (1”) sling with fixed u-loop up front and sewn tab at stock.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Terminating a sling with tri-glide:
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks good, thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet rifles, I wish mine had the SEMI and AUTO selections too!  Down here at Ft Benning and was looking at a few here with those options... I went with the Magpul M-lok ring and a Paraclip on front Magpul SL grip, rear I went with the stock Magpul QD clip that came with the rifle.  The QD, at least the Magpul version, seems rock solid.  Unless you intentionally press the center button with some force it is not coming off.  The Magpul Paraclip has a secondary slide lock to prevent the clip from accidently coming off too.  All the Magpul stuff I have bought thus far seems super high quality.  I have heard some of the cheaper QD's don't stay locked, as expected with cheap crap from China.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top