Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2024 1:03:23 AM EDT
I ordered one from RRA. Their site doesn't say shit about it, but I'm hoping it will fir a .750 barrel.

Watched a few YT videos on them, and some put a shim under them so they'll be tight and not move around. Also seen a couple that mounted them so the swivel lays flat against the front of the sight instead of the back.

How did they come from the factory? Should they be tight or able to move around on the barrel?

RRA.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1572

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
They should fit tight. The side with the pins is spring steel.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
They should fit tight but some have some slop or wobble that can easily be corrected by cutting small aluminum shim strips out of a beer/soda can.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Any factory mounted ones I’ve had on Colt rifles came mounted with the cutout to the rear and not towards the muzzle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I've had one with zero play to date.
Never shimmed one, always a small amount of play.

FWIW, the RRA units are .mil contract, for .750ish barrels.

As for proper orientation, refer to the current TM:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered mine from RRA Monday, and got it today. Damn fast shipping!

Took less than 5 minutes to put on, and punch out the original sling swivel. I did put one shim under it, but I can still move it on the barrel if I try.

Roll pin punches are worth their weight in gold. I mounted mine with the stop towards the front. I have no planes of quad rails, lights, or grips.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:38:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger-Mike] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmalone317:
Any factory mounted ones I’ve had on Colt rifles came mounted with the cutout to the rear and not towards the muzzle.
View Quote

I also realized this. I think they changed it so the left sight rail of the RIS/RAS handguards is accessible ...

EDIT: TGWLDR has posted the explanation already. So I have confirmation now. I tend to keep it the "classic way" on carbines with classic handguards.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top