Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2022 5:02:32 PM EDT
I bought a few shotgun cards/shell holders for Christmas gift stuff.  Esstac sends an adhesive card with a piece of velcro mounted so you can put the card on the side of the shotgun.   Anyhow my question is, Has anyone every put the adhesive strip on their shotgun receiver (I assume its a 3m strip) and removed it later for whatever reason?  One guy with an M4 will probably not be able to, mentally, attach this to his gun unless I can confirm the adhesive can be removed without damaging the gun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it’s pretty easy to remove.  I trimmed the hook and loop to better fit the 1301 receiver.  It will come off.  Obviously, the longer it’s on there it can get tacky.  Just use a tack remover or gun scrubber and a couple minutes of elbow work and it should be fine.  It won’t even marr like a hard mount can.  

I went cheap on Amazon for Velcro cards for HD guns that just stay in place around the house and wasn’t super happy. Glad I went Esstac for the high quality 1301!
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats very helpful thank you glockpride
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Replaced an old loop section on my shotgun not long ago. The adhesive gives a bit easier once heated with a hair dryer.

If any sticky bits remain, dab them with the old adhesive side and it’ll often pull them up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Worst case, get some naptha - zippo lighter fluid.  It will soften / remove the adhesive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Lighter fluid (Zippo, Ronsonol) will strip most adhesive goo off of metal without any damage.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#6]
Goof off will weaken and remove the adhesive.

No adhesive will stand up to AZ heat and a receiver heated up from firing.  It is not a great solution.  

It may work for you.  It may work sometimes.  It won't work for me.  

Even the strongest adhesive on 3M dual lock Hook and Loop turns to weak snot, just holding tools to a closet tool bag in the back seat of my tinted window truck. No fucking way it works for me on a shotgun, while firing a match in the AZ sun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 1:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodyWoodward] [#7]
Thanks for all of the help everyone.  I put one on my M4, and after hearing from everyone i'm sure he will give in, and mount the 3m panel and card.  
                                                         Merry Xmas  -Woody
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top