Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2020 8:44:24 PM EDT
How many of you pistoleros out there own or have built a carry handle AR with 9" or shorter barrel, in 5.56 or 300BO?  If you can, post some photos and specs. I'm planning one, using a V Seven 6.5" barrel in 300BO, A2 upper, Palmetto faux M16A2 lower, Aero Enhanced 7" handguard, Maxim Hatebrake, Skalar Works A2-style fixed front sight, SBA3 brace, and Law folder.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not mine but googed for you out of boredom

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the top one you posted. Here's a couple from Veritas Tactical.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
there is a cool one floating around on here that says something along the lines of....Think of the kids.. I did so I built them one too. want to say it was sub 7.5" barrel with a shortened car stock and buffer tube.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How many of you pistoleros out there own or have built a carry handle AR with 9" or shorter barrel, in 5.56 or 300BO?  If you can, post some photos and specs. I'm planning one, using a V Seven 6.5" barrel in 300BO, A2 upper, Palmetto faux M16A2 lower, Aero Enhanced 7" handguard, Maxim Hatebrake, Skalar Works A2-style fixed front sight, SBA3 brace, and Law folder.
View Quote

So I gotta ask. Do you like the Maxim Hatebrake for it's looks? Because christ almighty that thing is expensive for what it is compared to other options.
Not judging, just curious
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I gotta ask. Do you like the Maxim Hatebrake for it's looks? Because christ almighty that thing is expensive for what it is compared to other options.
Not judging, just curious
View Quote

They have awesome flash suppression on short barrels and do a good job of pushing muzzle blast away from the shooter. Watch some videos of the Maxim Defense PDX and Springfield Armory Saint Edge PDW. Both use the Hatebrake. I like the one on my PDX so well, my new pistol build with 6.5" 300bo barrel will have a Hatebrake on it. Another benefit to using one, is they also act as a muzzle booster, offering some extra backpressure to the gas system. To be honest though, that benefit is hard for me to quantify so far, as I haven't had the chance to shoot some of my steel case ammo. Mush easier to clean than a Noveske, also.

Compared to the cost of a Surefire Warden or SLR Hybrid Linear Comp, it's quite a bit cheaper than the former and not much more than the latter.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
if you extend the question to 10.5, then yes... I wanted to stay with a carbine length gas system, fixed front sight tower/gas block... for my truck gun... no brace or blade just the 8.5 KAK extension (ntch)... even though the extension protrudes from the carry bag, an experienced combat vet knowing what it was said he couldn't have identified it
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if you extend the question to 10.5, then yes... I wanted to stay with a carbine length gas system, fixed front sight tower/gas block... for my truck gun... no brace or blade just the 8.5 KAK extension (ntch)... even though the extension protrudes from the carry bag, an experienced combat vet knowing what it was said he couldn't have identified it
View Quote

Yes, if you extend it to 10.5 inch barrels a lot more will pop up. I used to run a carry handle exclusively on my 10.5 AR pistol. Was debating swapping the upper to a A2 upper when I was thinking of short barreling it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like the top one you posted. Here's a couple from Veritas Tactical.

https://i.ibb.co/jgKspbQ/Capture-300.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
My Kitty Kat:

Brownells A1 Upper
Doublestar Free Float Tube
Shockwave Brace
7.5" Faxon Barrel

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Some nice pistols in this thread, even the ones longer than 9".
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a 10.5, I call it a 609A4gery

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many of you pistoleros out there own or have built a carry handle AR with 9" or shorter barrel, in 5.56 or 300BO?  If you can, post some photos and specs.
View Quote

Key words, folks: 9" or shorter barrels!  Everyone and their brother has an AR pistol with 10" or longer barrel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes, if you extend it to 10.5 inch barrels a lot more will pop up.
I used to run a carry handle exclusively on my 10.5 AR pistol. Was debating swapping the upper to a A2 upper when I was thinking of short barreling it.
View Quote

Sure will... This is what I consider my "Ultimate Kiss"... The "black beauty". She sports a Magpul MS3 sling and TLR Streamlight 500 lumens light now hanging in my master closest, ready to roll for those bump in the night situations but out of plain sight from company. She's just so intuitive and stout.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Key words, folks: 9" or shorter barrels!  Everyone and their brother has an AR pistol with 10" or longer barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many of you pistoleros out there own or have built a carry handle AR with 9" or shorter barrel, in 5.56 or 300BO?  If you can, post some photos and specs.

We understand that... But finding "Pics" of them here, or that "other site", or even more so on Google are far and in-between. Thus we posted the 10's to give the OP an "Idea" of what a super shortie would look...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, if you extend it to 10.5 inch barrels a lot more will pop up. I used to run a carry handle exclusively on my 10.5 AR pistol. Was debating swapping the upper to a A2 upper when I was thinking of short barreling it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and if I extend it to 11.5" barrels, a lot more will pop up,etc, etc, etc.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: We understand that... But finding "Pics" of them here, or that "other site", or even more so on Google are far and in-between. Thus we posted the 10's to give the OP an "Idea" of what a super shortie would look...
View Quote

I am the OP and have seen all the 10" and longer pistols, in the Sticky AR Pistol Photo thread, at the top of the page. Just trying to generate more interest in the Micro/PDW category, that's all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am the OP and have seen all the 10" and longer pistols, in the Sticky AR Pistol Photo thread, at the top of the page. Just trying to generate more interest in the Micro/PDW category, that's all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: We understand that... But finding "Pics" of them here, or that "other site", or even more so on Google are far and in-between. Thus we posted the 10's to give the OP an "Idea" of what a super shortie would look...

Ok cool... I can understand that. Didn't realize you were the OP...
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't remember the barrel length but I went for the xm177 look with my .300 mock up. But with the flash hider I might be able to pin and weld so I don't have to sbr/pistol brace it. Have not measured yet. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't remember the barrel length but I went for the xm177 look with my .300 mock up. But with the flash hider I might be able to pin and weld so I don't have to sbr/pistol brace it. Have not measured yet.
View Quote

That's at least a 10.5" barrel. If you're not building a pistol, you should post pics in the rifle forums, instead.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top