BCM
Member Login

School me on metal mags (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:39:36 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
The 20-round PMags are no good? I have a few of them. What's the story?
View Quote

Nothing really, they made straight 20s for awhile that weren’t as reliable because supposedly their improved follower is designed for a curved mag.

They switched to curved 20s awhile back and they’re GTG, but a bit taller and less surface area if you’re using it as a rest (I know you’re not supposed to do that). I just don’t see the appeal vs metal or Lancer translucent.

Nothing to worry about
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:54:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2020 10:01:09 AM EST by Pachucko]
Originally Posted By clausewitz8:

Nothing really, they made straight 20s for awhile that weren’t as reliable because supposedly their improved follower is designed for a curved mag.

They switched to curved 20s awhile back and they’re GTG, but a bit taller and less surface area if you’re using it as a rest (I know you’re not supposed to do that). I just don’t see the appeal vs metal or Lancer translucent.

Nothing to worry about
View Quote

I got some 30-round Okays already, so the 20-rounders were the next thing I was going to obsess over.

Just an observation, but the 20-round Okays have old-school followers while the D&H has Magpul followers (at least the ones CBCM sells).

ETA:  I guess that goes back to the D&H being curved and the Okay being straight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:21:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By clausewitz8:

Nothing to worry about
View Quote

I had heard that Magpul had some issues with their straight 20 rounders. I hadn't heard anything negative about their 20 round curved mags. Primary Arms had a sale on them a while back and I picked up a few for the stash. I have 10 round D&H mags for prone shooting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:29:08 AM EST

I had heard that Magpul had some issues with their straight 20 rounders. I hadn't heard anything negative about their 20 round curved mags. Primary Arms had a sale on them a while back and I picked up a few for the stash. I have 10 round D&H mags for prone shooting.
View Quote

I've got 5 Pmag M3 20 rd mags in rotation now, no issues over the last 2 yrs.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:55:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:59:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

I carry a Magpul 20 rounder on my belt at work, curved variety. I like it. Doesn't ride up into the body armor like a 30 would. Plus I've never had any issues with it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
School me on metal mags (Page 2 of 2)
Top Top