Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2020 8:37:56 PM EDT
I picked up a Scalarworks Peak fixed rear sight for my AR and I really like it!  I searched and didn't get any hits on this sight, so I figured I'd share some pics with yall!  I'm an iron sights guy and I can tell that this thing is in a class above the others I've seen so far.  I had a Daniel Defense previously, but this Peak sight seems better contructed and finished better.  Shoots good and didn't have to make many clicks to get zero'd in again.

Nice magnetic box.

Never seen any vacuum-sealed gun parts before!

Perfect machining and impeccable finish.  No tool adjustment with super positive clicks.

This thing is machined PERFECTLY to fit flush with the pic rail!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that's nice.

How smooth are the windage adjustments?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
They are really positive with the clicks.  Very solid sight for sure!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the site. Many share the same sentiment with the peak sights. They make good kit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Hunter, I figured I would join up, since guns are another one of my hobbies.  Along with knives, trucks and offroading!
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several of their T2 mounts and they are excellent. If they ever make flip-ups, I might consider trying a pair.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
This rifle is irons sights only, and it's what I'm teaching my boys to shoot with.  I want them to learn the basic fundamentals of irons first, before they move on to scopes and fancy optics.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
?? really like mine as well!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Do they justify the premium over a DD or MI fixed sights?  

I’m a big redundancy fan so I run fixed sights with red dots in the lower 1/3.  

Please say no so I don’t have to try them.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO, no. Are they nice kit? Very much so, yes. And if you have $240 to spend on irons, you won’t find a more refined fixed BUIS out there!

But they don’t REALLY do anything “better” then the DDs. Yes, they zero without tools (which was amazing), yes, they’re light weight, and yes, they’re designed to still be just as strong, if not stronger, than any other fixed BUIS.

All that being said, fixed BUIS are set and forget items for me. I verify zero twice a year unless something prompts me to do so more regularly, and my DDs have never needed fine tuning (I think one of the rears is a decade old by now). So for me, I couldn’t justify the 3x cost premium and I sold them all.

But when this economy recovers and I’m making real money again... It’s nice to treat yourself once in awhile!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 2:17:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a DD fixed rear sight before I got this one.  As soon as this Peak sight came in, I sold the DD one.  Not that the DD sight is bad in any way, I just really really like the no tool adjustment and it looks much better on the rifle, than the DD in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, anything by Scalarworks is HIGHLY regarded on this website.

The attention to detail, quality, QA, and R&D they put into their products are astounding. They're also one of the few companies who use 7075 Al vs 6061.

I have 5 QD Leap Micro mounts, 3 QD Leap RMR mounts, and 2 QD Leap scope mounts. For the record, the scope mount screw (removes the need for having to level a scope) is the most simple and innovative thing I've ever seen in scope mounts.

Cheers to you joining the forums and buying more quality products!
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, anything by Scalarworks is HIGHLY regarded on this website.

The attention to detail, quality, QA, and R&D they put into their products are astounding. They're also one of the few companies who use 7075 Al vs 6061.

I have 5 QD Leap Micro mounts, 3 QD Leap RMR mounts, and 2 QD Leap scope mounts. For the record, the scope mount screw (removes the need for having to level a scope) is the most simple and innovative thing I've ever seen in scope mounts.

Cheers to you joining the forums and buying more quality products!
View Quote

Thank you ahrion!
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#14]
cmon, you know you want it.

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Everything Scalarworks makes is top shelf.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Still loving this sight!  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top