BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2023 12:43:10 AM EDT

LEAP/14
State of the art Trijicon ACOG mounts.

1.93 and 1.75

Designed for shooters who want the lightest, strongest, and most compact quick-detach optic mount possible
View Quote

Anyone have any real time feedback on this system?
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
In my experience, if Scalarworks it is Tier 1
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That needs to go on my block IIish FSP build. With a Matech sight, the ACOG is just slight too far forward to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my experience, if Scalarworks it is Tier 1
View Quote

So have always went back and forth on trying Scalarworks.  Their hinged mounts I won’t even consider.   But the others as shown above I might.  Why do they not put a slot, nut, allen hole in the thumb screw?

“Strongest” acog mount?  I’m listening
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
does it work with compact models as well?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no way the single thumb wheel screw generates sufficient clamping force.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No reason it wouldn’t, mount homes are generally the same

Quoted:
There is no way the single thumb wheel screw generates sufficient clamping force.

You mean with the weight of the acog? Cause their magnifier mounts and rds mounts all have 1 screw and they hold up no problem to vehicle vibration daily and a lot of general use in my experience.

If you want to cinch it down some more it’s easy to grab them with any multi tool or other pliers and go a coupe more clicks.

I need one for a 1.93” TA33 and offset Acro me thinks. I don’t think it’s actually out yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was questioning this as well
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, I think that you have been proven incorrect
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely crazy light weight at about 1.3 ounces for the 1.75 lower height mount.  

I was thinking of waiting for the 1.75" lower height one to come out, but I think that's too tall for my ACOG's top mounted optic so I'm probably going to go with a Shaffer mount, which comes in at 2.5 ounces. I just don't want that top mounted to be any higher than it already is on the TA02.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Definitely crazy light weight at about 1.3 ounces for the 1.75 lower height mount.  

I was thinking of waiting for the 1.75" lower height one to come out, but I think that's too tall for my ACOG's top mounted optic so I'm probably going to go with a Shaffer mount, which comes in at 2.5 ounces. I just don't want that top mounted to be any higher than it already is on the TA02.
View Quote

Why didn't they make it fit the entire bottom of the ACOG? May be strong, but looks like it's meant for some other optic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why didn't they make it fit the entire bottom of the ACOG? May be strong, but looks like it's meant for some other optic.
View Quote

So that you can mount it as far back as possible while retaining BUIS.

See picture #2
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm currently using a LEAP/09 with my Vudu 1-10.

I owned a LEAP/04 and LEAP/08 prior to the quick-detach "Click Drive" which used the nut and bolt method (both sold with mounts).

The rotating click wheel is very secure. The only way the click wheel is going to back out or loosen is through human interaction.

And Scalarwork's self-leveling system is flawless. Genius idea that works stupid quick to level out the optic in the mount.

I would take Scalarworks to the gates of Mordor.

ETA: Pictures attached below to show some finer details.

In picture #1, the setup is identical to almost any other brand mount. Two set screws that interact directly with the upper. No tools required other than to secure the scope rings.

In picture #2, you can see the detent that holds the click wheels in place with each positive and negative rotation. The wheels absolutely will not move without being rotated via human interaction. Once you feel the tension, the mount isn't going anywhere.

In picture #3, the actual adjustment side of the mount can be seen along with the two points of contact in the center of the mount with the upper receiver. There are also other security points at the rear and front of the mount (just above the lip to the mount and under the upper receiver).

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#13]

I am curious if the rear overhang jeopardizes the bomb proof durability that the acog is known for.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#14]

I doubt it. The ACOG is the ACOG regardless of the mount.

Scalarworks probably wouldn’t release something they plan on having success selling if the integrity of the optic was in jeopardy.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top