Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2024 7:26:30 AM EDT
Looking to replace a 10.5" 5.56 barrel in an upper with a 6.5G that will run suppressed most of the time.  Don't want/need a $300 barrel, was hoping for something from Faxon/BA that would be reasonable, but..found this:
https://shop.saternbarrels.net/products/10-5-6-5-grendel-ii-ss

Anyone have any experience?  I guess Satern bought Liberty.  Seems like a good deal, but I can't find anything about it anywhere.  I sent them a bunch of questions about gas port/running suppressed, running crap Wolf 100gr through it, etc.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:21:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
Like any other 6.5 Grendel barrel you’ll hear people rave about how good they are but like most rack grade barrels they have had QC issues.   There is a forum member who has an online store.   He sells Green Mountain barrels with a Grendel Monster logo.  He goes by Blunt Force Trauma and his barrels get good reviews but are competitively priced.  BFT sold the Group Buy Monster barrels on the 6.5 Grendel forum.   BFT is changing his online store from 6.5 Outfitters to Rexus.

Me personally if I was going to buy a rack grade barrel I’d buy from BFT.  BFT will stand by what he sells.  For the record I have three of the Monster logo 6.5 Grendel barrels.   I have a 12” Monster barrel which I really like and is is a Green Mountain barrel.

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:20:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NOLAGT] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:

https://www.sixfiveoutfitters.com
View Quote

They are actually changing the name to https://rexusoutfitters.com/ now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I am aware having been part of some of the OG group buys.

I still have an 18 and a 12/12.5 from those days.  Was looking for a 10.5" to replace another 10.5" but may end up going with another 12"

I had heard of satern and liberty but was not sure of the quality.  I thought maybe I found a unicorn for $125.  It's going to get lots of 100gr wolf through it.

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heavy-Set] [#4]
I have seen a few Satern barrels. Between clearing an Uncle's estate and guns I have assembled for me and my dad there have been 7 (all big bores) pass through my bench. The ones I have shot personally (4) are all fantastic.
Would not hesitate to buy another.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't they make the AR Stoner barrels for Midway ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Midway used to sell Satern/Liberty barrels as A R Stoner but switched to BCA a few years ago.   I have three Friends who own Brownell’s 6.5 Grendel barrels that are Satern/Liberty.  The two early barrels have short compound throats and over gassed even though they are accurate.  The third barrel is more recent manufacture with the Grendel II chamber and is picky about accuracy.   The Grendel II chamber uses a traditional throat supposedly optimized for long bullets.   The Grendel II chambered barrel didn’t shoot the 123 grain Nosler Custom Competition well but the owner is using PPU 120 grain BTHP for casual use.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I have both a ba and monster barrel, both are 12" and both get shot with suppressors. The monster might be slightly more accurate but not really enough to notice
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone tell Me how to contact blunt force trauma? I have searched for him on the forum but can’t find him.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Try this email and if that doesn’t work PM me as I have his personal email.

[email protected].
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Try this email and if that doesn’t work PM me as I have his personal email.

[email protected].
View Quote

Thank you. I tried the email from the Rexus website and it bounced back.

I have reached out to liberty as well. We are in need of a good source of 6.5 Grendel and 6 ARC barrels.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Why stop at 10" when you can get a 7" barrel?

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/m8/Samurai%20Micro%20Length%20Barrels--samurai-short-micro-barrels.html
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top