BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 238
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Noveske end plate is really the best option.  I wouldn't mind seeing it become the standard spec.  It takes up no room over the standard design, and adds an additional sling mounting location for those who want to use it.  What isn't to like?  Can't think of any downside - a logical improvement over the original part.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#2]
Originally Posted By JSGlock34:
The Noveske end plate is really the best option.  I wouldn't mind seeing it become the standard spec.  It takes up no room over the standard design, and adds an additional sling mounting location for those who want to use it.  What isn't to like?  Can't think of any downside - a logical improvement over the original part.

Yep. This is a must have for all of my AR's. I wish military M4's had it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:00:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSGlock34] [#3]
And while we're at it, the RIS II needs some built in QD mounting points too!  Perhaps I've gone too far now...

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
And while we're at it, the RIS II needs some built in QD mounting points too!  Perhaps I've gone too far now...  

+1
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SilentMark:

+1

+2.

And DD also offers a QD endplate similar to the Noveske mentioned that's all black. And also agree those are a must.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]

That's a cool picture!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Must have been a hot day!  I like the flag he's packing, too!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Dude looks serious... Like he is going to f stuff up...
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Anybody know what unit he's in? Cool pic..
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]

"We are gonna head that way and fuck some shit up...... Just because"
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:21:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#14]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:
Any one have the picture or description of the rail mount that is used to mount the M3X light to the rail..(it is basically a riser type deal) I know it is in one of the pictures in this thread or the other one...

ETA:
I figured it out.

the pictures are on page 247 of the M4A1 thread...but here are mine...

and the reposted pics from pg. 247
[img]http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/TRIDENTMARINES/268567.jpg[/img
[img]http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y363/TRIDENTMARINES/M3X.jpg[/img
**intentionally not coded right, until I get permission to post them...[dont quote them]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:24:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Guy in the boonie: "I'm sick of this shit! Standard M4, no 320, regular ACOG TA01. Not even a Matech back up sight. Some bitch in the DFAC had literally the same weapon as me. LITERALLY THE SAME WEAPON! I'm sick of it!"
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I really love my mod 0 rifle.  I can't afford a mod 1 upper for a while but I want to add things to my mod 0 that don't go on mod 0 rifles (like a qd tango down vert grip).  This sucks

Also, my knights rail panels have play in them, and its fucking annoying.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Trying to decide if I want to use my Elcan on my CQBR or if I want to pick up an EOtech/Aimpoint with a magnifier for it instead.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ggee87:
Trying to decide if I want to use my Elcan on my CQBR or if I want to pick up an EOtech/Aimpoint with a magnifier for it instead.

I'm assuming here that you have a Block II rifle also.....

If it were me (I have a MK18, but no Block II) I would run the Elcan on the MK18 and then TRY to find a 2.5-10x24 NF on the Block II - or at least get a 1-4x NF for it.

That's just me, but I don't have a Block II and I can't find a 2.5-10x24 anywhere
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By coregon:

If it were me (I have a MK18, but no Block II) I would run the Elcan on the MK18 and then TRY to find a 2.5-10x24 NF on the Block II - or at least get a 1-4x NF for it.

That's just me, but I don't have a Block II and I can't find a 2.5-10x24 anywhere

I actually do not have a block ii at this time, I was considering putting one together but not entirely sure what I want to do going forward.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#21]

I actually do not have a block ii at this time, I was considering putting one together but not entirely sure what I want to do going forward.

What do you currently have the Elcan on?  If you don't have a Block II - or a SCAR 16/17 - I would definitely have the Elcan on the mk18...

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#22]

What do you currently have the Elcan on?  If you don't have a Block II - or a SCAR 16/17 - I would definitely have the Elcan on the mk18...

I have an

M4gery with an Aimpoint M3

Mk18 waiting for an optic

SCAR 17 waiting for me to decide what I want to do for an optic on the MK18
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#23]

I have an

If it's a vote you're looking for, I say ELCAN on the CQBR, and a NF for the MK 17 MOD 0.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Augee:

I have an

If it's a vote you're looking for, I say ELCAN on the CQBR, and a NF for the MK 17 MOD 0.  

~Augee

Thanks Augee, if possible could you elaborate on your reasons for the vote.  I've picked the brain of my buddy who has spent time in Iraq and is now in Afghanistan but he has little to no experience with either platform.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#25]
The ELCAN is a general purpose optic.  

Great for combat, but in no way a precision optic.  

The CQBR is a close in, dirty fighting gun, capable of plenty of ugliness.  

I think it's well matched with the ELCAN's 1-4x variable and fixed BDC reticule.  

The MK 17 MOD 0 has got the heavier round, a little bit more punch, a little bit more range, better suited to reaching out and touching, and delivering precision troubles to bad people (or paper targets, as it were), and would be able to make better use of a dedicated precision riflescope.

Granted, I've seen CQBRs used as "sniper" rifles (or recce rifles, or DMRs, or whatever else you want to call them) and I've seen MK 17s used as general purpose battle rifles - so you could still do either, and be fine.  

But matching glass and capabilities, this would be my simple vote.  

Of course - if you're willing to put a little bit more heart and soul into it, since you've got a CQBR already, and don't seem to be squeamish about SBRs, you should just get another ELCAN and chop the MK 17 to CQC length.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Augee:
The ELCAN is a general purpose optic.  

Great for combat, but in no way a precision optic.  

The CQBR is a close in, dirty fighting gun, capable of plenty of ugliness.  

I think it's well matched with the ELCAN's 1-4x variable and fixed BDC reticule.  

The MK 17 MOD 0 has got the heavier round, a little bit more punch, a little bit more range, better suited to reaching out and touching, and delivering precision troubles to bad people (or paper targets, as it were), and would be able to make better use of a dedicated precision riflescope.

Granted, I've seen CQBRs used as "sniper" rifles (or recce rifles, or DMRs, or whatever else you want to call them) and I've seen MK 17s used as general purpose battle rifles - so you could still do either, and be fine.  

But matching glass and capabilities, this would be my simple vote.  

Of course - if you're willing to put a little bit more heart and soul into it, since you've got a CQBR already, and don't seem to be squeamish about SBRs, you should just get another ELCAN and chop the MK 17 to CQC length.  

~Augee

Thanks, appreciate the knowledge.  The thought of chopping the Mk17 to CQC length has crossed my mind a few times but I don't think I'm going to go that route.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I have an SF overrun ELCAN fs in the EE that would go great on your MK18 ;)
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#28]
From Gear Whores...

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Rather than starting my own thread, I'd like to reach out to you guys for suggestions.  In August, I ordered a DD MK18 SBR from my local dealer.  They only had the black version scheduled to build that week––the FDE builds were sold out through the end of November.  I got the black, not wanting to add three months more to my wait.  It's at the dealer now and forms have been away for about a month now.  I immediately stocked up on Magpul goodies (FDE STR stock, FDE MIAD Grip, FDE RVG, FDE Enhanced Trigger Guard, FDE Mags, and an FDE MS3 sling).  Since I wanted an HK style front post, I deviated from KAC sights and decided on PRI folding sights (also in their FDE).  That's as far as I've gotten on my own.

I keep teetering with the idea of ordering the FDE MK18 rail and then selling the black––but then I wonder if it really matters anyway since it will be covered XTM pannels anyway.  Then, there's trying to figure out the flashlight.  I've narrowed it down to a Surefire M620V or the M952V.  I like the M952V because of the button on the back and the option for the switch at the same time, but I like the M620V because it's more compact.  I can only find good deals on the M620V in black too, so do I put out money for the tan or suck it up and go black?  I'm definitely going with an Eotech, but prefer the EXPS3-0 because of the compact size––thought I believe the 553.A65 is part of the kit.

So what do you guys suggest?  I just want to hear different opinions.  I know it's splitting hairs, but I want to make sure I don't stray too far off base from the authentic MK18.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Just an idea, but you could save the cash and save the black rail/black light and just paint that fucker. There are plenty of pictures of these rifles painted by the soldiers/sailors/marines that are using them. It's be easier then swapping rails and all that too.

Originally Posted By LC2ner:
Rather than starting my own thread, I'd like to reach out to you guys for suggestions.  In August, I ordered a DD MK18 SBR from my local dealer.  They only had the black version scheduled to build that week––the FDE builds were sold out through the end of November.  I got the black, not wanting to add three months more to my wait.  It's at the dealer now and forms have been away for about a month now.  I immediately stocked up on Magpul goodies (FDE STR stock, FDE MIAD Grip, FDE RVG, FDE Enhanced Trigger Guard, FDE Mags, and an FDE MS3 sling).  Since I wanted an HK style front post, I deviated from KAC sights and decided on PRI folding sights (also in their FDE).  That's as far as I've gotten on my own.

I keep teetering with the idea of ordering the FDE MK18 rail and then selling the black––but then I wonder if it really matters anyway since it will be covered XTM pannels anyway.  Then, there's trying to figure out the flashlight.  I've narrowed it down to a Surefire M620V or the M952V.  I like the M952V because of the button on the back and the option for the switch at the same time, but I like the M620V because it's more compact.  I can only find good deals on the M620V in black too, so do I put out money for the tan or suck it up and go black?  I'm definitely going with an Eotech, but prefer the EXPS3-0 because of the compact size––thought I believe the 553.A65 is part of the kit.

So what do you guys suggest?  I just want to hear different opinions.  I know it's splitting hairs, but I want to make sure I don't stray too far off base from the authentic MK18.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:40:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: badfish274] [#31]

Be different.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By badfish274:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7205/6929091845_8f5863704c_z.jpg

Be different.

Yep.  My rail is black and it doesn't bother me one bit.  I wasn't going to wait for months on end, just to get a FDE rail.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Be different.

Looks identical to mine, except I have an FDE rail and ergo rail covers.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Shitty phone photo, but here's mine.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osha] [#35]
Ruh roh!

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Be different.

Yep.  My rail is black and it doesn't bother me one bit.  I wasn't going to wait for months on end, just to get a FDE rail.

Nothing spray paint can't fix
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:08:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#38]
Does your jam so much that you need that cleaning rod strapped to it?

Only time I had a bad jam in mine was when I had a case head seperation with Black Hills ammo.

Edit:  Oh, funny thing.  Had some ADCOM ammo, all my other uppers would rip the rims off the soft brass, but my CQBR ate it up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:37:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve-oh] [#39]
Especially on a civilian weapon?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By steve-oh:

Haven't you heard? Every citizen, a soldier. It's not far fetched to imagine a "civilian weapon" like his being used in defense of one's self. Having a cleaning rod readily available to unstuck stuck cases is a good bit of insurance.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:29:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILO1-1] [#41]
Special Forces & Air Force CCT

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Appears that the USAF is using the WMX200 these days.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#43]
Originally Posted By Will816:

Having a cleaning rod readily available to unstuck stuck cases is a good bit of insurance.

looks like where its positioned might interfere with the ejection port cover.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Haven't you heard? Every citizen, a soldier. It's not far fetched to imagine a "civilian weapon" like his being used in defense of one's self. Having a cleaning rod readily available to unstuck stuck cases is a good bit of insurance.

Yeah I see your point and agree wholeheartedly, but realize a cleaning rod is really only going to help you in a protracted firefight.
It's his weapon to do as he pleases, but lets be real here. Is he strapping a cleaning rod to his weapon in order to increase his ability to defend himself, or is doing doing it to look cool?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah I see your point and agree wholeheartedly, but realize a cleaning rod is really only going to help you in a protracted firefight.
It's his weapon to do as he pleases, but lets be real here. Is he strapping a cleaning rod to his weapon in order to increase his ability to defend himself, or is doing doing it to look cool?

Man you read a lot into that.  I shoot in the sticks about an hour from my home so it's nice to be able to fix show stoppers without getting creative or leaving and coming back.

In other news, Aerovoe Dark Green is not really dark.  And the can I got from DSG had a broken nozzle
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#46]

I've had a little bit of an idea to make a product that would solve this problem.  It involves shorter rod length sections and currently available stowage options.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#47]

I've had a little bit of an idea to make a product that would solve this problem.  It involves shorter rod length sections and currently available stowage options.

Leave the batteries alone...
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#48]
Does this qualify?

BCM lower, BCG, upper, grip
DD MK18 RIS II
DD 10.3" barrel
LMT sopmod gen 1
KAC buis
TA44SG-10 ACOG in LT105
Gear sector light mount, handstop, stubby vfg
BFG Redi-mod
Battle Comp 1.0
Surefire M300a
ATXS Raptor CH
Giessele S3G
BAD-ASS

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/wormydog1724/IMG_0131_zps8da61f06.jpg
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/wormydog1724/IMG_0132_zpsafaed124.jpg

I know its not an exact clone, but its definitely MK18 inspired...
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#49]
sweatpants, what sling is that in your photo?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 238
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top