Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor

[ARCHIVED THREAD] - SBA4 (Page 1 of 2)

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
5/4/2019 8:53:34 AM EDT
Maybe I missed it, but I could not find a thread on the SBA4.  I see PSA now has them in stock, did anyone get one yet?
5/4/2019 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but I could not find a thread on the SBA4.  I see PSA now has them in stock, did anyone get one yet?
View Quote
Not that I want one but, I received the PSA email regarding the SBA4. Went to the site and saw OOS. However, it does appear available with a lower. Same bs as what Stag does so many times.
5/4/2019 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I was about to order one yesterday until I saw that they enhanced the cheekweld. I alread have STR and ACS stocks laying somewhere in the bottom of the closet because I don't like that angled feeling. Some do and will like it but I guess I'll stick with the SBa3.
5/4/2019 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one on "back order" with Midway for a couple months. SBT just announced their release. Today I got a shipping notice from Midway. due 5/10.
5/4/2019 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Pics attached to AR?
5/4/2019 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
Pics attached to AR?
View Quote
You couldn't find any on your own?
5/5/2019 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:
Pics attached to AR?
View Quote
Not all that difficult to google. https://www.google.com/search?q=sba4+pistol+brace&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjFjJWv44TiAhVPR60KHQqZA_IQ_AUIDygC&biw=1343&bih=602
5/6/2019 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:
I was about to order one yesterday until I saw that they enhanced the cheekweld. I alread have STR and ACS stocks laying somewhere in the bottom of the closet because I don't like that angled feeling. Some do and will like it but I guess I'll stick with the SBa3.
View Quote
Any interest in getting rid of that ACS?
5/7/2019 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
wondering if the lop is going to be close to 13.5

?
5/8/2019 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
so are extended sba3s/4s illegal on law folders?
5/9/2019 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:

You couldn't find any on your own?
View Quote
The laziness I witness daily is abysmal.

I wonder if these are the 30 year old millennials we hear about who live in mommy’s basement.
5/19/2019 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:
The laziness I witness daily is abysmal.

I wonder if these are the 30 year old millennials we hear about who live in mommy’s basement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

You couldn't find any on your own?
The laziness I witness daily is abysmal.

I wonder if these are the 30 year old millennials we hear about who live in mommy’s basement.
Try the Walmart clearance thread, ton of laziness in that thread !!!
5/20/2019 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]
i got one coming from Brownells, should be here in a day or so. i did the pre-order*for ?109 or 119) months ago and forgot about it, got a notice last week it shipped, if I would have remembered I may have cancelled it(happy with the sb3's), but ill see what I think when I get it,
5/21/2019 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#13]
My previous review with photos.
5/24/2019 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I was about to get one until I realized that they placed the sling point in a unusable position... SBA3 all day.
5/24/2019 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Quoted:
I was about to get one until I realized that they placed the sling point in a unusable position... SBA3 all day.
View Quote
Yep. Not my favorite position. I use a PWS ratcheting castle nut and QD endplate. It works very well there.

5/25/2019 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:

Yep. Not my favorite position. I use a PWS ratcheting castle nut and QD endplate. It works very well there.

https://i.imgur.com/LeAMz5vh.jpg
View Quote
IT looks REALLY good though - I mean I wish it didn't have the vent holes but that and the sling point are my only complaints.

Maybe I will get a used one for times when i want to use endplate/start of receiver sling setup and not the end to end I normally go with.
5/25/2019 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Quoted:

Yep. Not my favorite position. I use a PWS ratcheting castle nut and QD endplate. It works very well there.

https://i.imgur.com/LeAMz5vh.jpg
View Quote
^^^This^^^
I've never been a fan of attaching the sling on a stock or the brace.  Buffer tube endplate for the win.

I'm just waiting on the FDE version to start shipping before snagging an SBA4 to try.
5/26/2019 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:

^^^This^^^
I've never been a fan of attaching the sling on a stock or the brace.  Buffer tube endplate for the win.

I'm just waiting on the FDE version to start shipping before snagging an SBA4 to try.
View Quote
I am wondering when that will be.
5/30/2019 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I would like to know if the cheek risers for the regular m4 stocks would fit into those cutouts, I dont like the look of the cutouts but a low profile cheek riser may fix that issue. I have a SBA4 on the way, I guess Ill test it out after I get the riser.
5/30/2019 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:

^^^This^^^
I've never been a fan of attaching the sling on a stock or the brace.  Buffer tube endplate for the win.
View Quote
Same here. Something about trusting the stock not sliding off the tube just bothers me. Im confident an end plate isn't going anywhere lol.
5/31/2019 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
I would like to know if the cheek risers for the regular m4 stocks would fit into those cutouts, I dont like the look of the cutouts but a low profile cheek riser may fix that issue. I have a SBA4 on the way, I guess Ill test it out after I get the riser.
View Quote
I'd be surprised.  The SBA4 is like 200% as wide as a stock.  Even faster than the SBA3 from what I can tell.  I wish they'd make some braces like these without making them so wide.
6/5/2019 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont mind the width of the SBA4, I think it feels perfect in size - It's a large improvement over the SBA3 IMO. I just wish there was a version where those slots were not cut into the sides.
6/5/2019 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:
I dont mind the width of the SBA4, I think it feels perfect in size - It's a large improvement over the SBA3 IMO. I just wish there was a version where those slots were not cut into the sides.
https://i.gyazo.com/975215cb13bc11ec5c5a29fa9570813b.jpg
View Quote
Fill the slots in with JB weld , problem solved ..
6/6/2019 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:

Fill the slots in with JB weld , problem solved ..
View Quote
I was thinking about it but Im unsure if the JBweld would actually grab on and stay on during recoil, I have tried this on my M&P to fill in the slots with the rubber backstrap off and it didnt hold so I am skeptical it would work for the brace.

I now have the SBA4, the holes do not bother me as much as I thought they would.


6/7/2019 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I have both the SBA3 and the SBA4, both on 10.5" 5.56 pistols.  In use, I don't notice any difference between them.  But, full disclosure would require me to say I don't notice any difference between them and my Shockwave Blade OR my B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock either.  All 4 feel pretty much the same.  I do shoulder the braces fwiw.
6/8/2019 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
I have both the SBA3 and the SBA4, both on 10.5" 5.56 pistols.  In use, I don't notice any difference between them.  But, full disclosure would require me to say I don't notice any difference between them and my Shockwave Blade OR my B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock either.  All 4 feel pretty much the same.  I do shoulder the braces fwiw.
View Quote
I assume you don’t have them fully extended.
6/8/2019 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:

I assume you don't have them fully extended.
View Quote
Correct.  All of them are on either the first or second notch from collapsed.
6/8/2019 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
Correct.  All of them are on either the first or second notch from collapsed.
View Quote
If its in the last notch is it over the 13.5  LOP ?? if so how is this atf compliant  ??
6/8/2019 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
If its in the last notch is it over the 13.5  LOP ?? if so how is this atf compliant  ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct.  All of them are on either the first or second notch from collapsed.
If its in the last notch is it over the 13.5  LOP ?? if so how is this atf compliant  ??
@M10KEN : not sure what you're trying to ask.  I have 3 pistols and 1 carbine.  1 pistol with a Shockwave brace, 1 with the SBA3 brace, and 1 with the SBA4 brace.  All of the braces are on the buffer tubes that they came with.  The carbine has the B5 stock on it.  No other buffer tubes or stocks are in the house.  I have no idea what the pistols LOPs are when locked into their last notches.
6/9/2019 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:
@M10KEN : not sure what you're trying to ask.  I have 3 pistols and 1 carbine.  1 pistol with a Shockwave brace, 1 with the SBA3 brace, and 1 with the SBA4 brace.  All of the braces are on the buffer tubes that they came with.  The carbine has the B5 stock on it.  No other buffer tubes or stocks are in the house.  I have no idea what the pistols LOPs are when locked into their last notches.
View Quote
On the SBA4 model collapsable model , was wondering if its pulled back and locked in the last notch of the buffer tube if the length of pull LOP is over or under the 13.5 " that atf says it is ok to shoulder it , the measurement came from the shockwave site , so from the front of the trigger to the end of the stock locked in the last notch is it under 13.5" this is my question ..
6/9/2019 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:

On the SBA4 model collapsable model , was wondering if its pulled back and locked in the last notch of the buffer tube if the length of pull LOP is over or under the 13.5 " that atf says it is ok to shoulder it , the measurement came from the shockwave site , so from the front of the trigger to the end of the stock locked in the last notch is it under 13.5" this is my question ..
View Quote
Okay, I'm with you now.  I'll check it and see when I get a chance.
6/9/2019 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:
Okay, I'm with you now.  I'll check it and see when I get a chance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the SBA4 model collapsable model , was wondering if its pulled back and locked in the last notch of the buffer tube if the length of pull LOP is over or under the 13.5 " that atf says it is ok to shoulder it , the measurement came from the shockwave site , so from the front of the trigger to the end of the stock locked in the last notch is it under 13.5" this is my question ..
Okay, I'm with you now.  I'll check it and see when I get a chance.
@M10KEN Mine, locked into the most outward spot, measures exactly 13.5" from the bow of the trigger to the furthest spot on the brace.  From the point / tip of the trigger it is slightly over the 13.5" mark.
6/9/2019 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe the SBA5 will have the look and cheek weld of an LMT SOPMOD Stock.  
6/9/2019 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
@M10KEN Mine, locked into the most outward spot, measures exactly 13.5" from the bow of the trigger to the furthest spot on the brace.  From the point / tip of the trigger it is slightly over the 13.5" mark.
View Quote
Great news ,many thanks MoonDancer ...
6/9/2019 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:
Maybe the SBA5 will have the look and cheek weld of an LMT SOPMOD Stock.  
View Quote
I'd be selling a lot of SBA3s.
7/10/2019 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump...did anyone get their FDE version in yet? I'm waiting for the FDE version for my pistol.
7/10/2019 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Fed-Ex says I'll have my FDE version tomorrow.
7/11/2019 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:
Fed-Ex says I'll have my FDE version tomorrow.
View Quote
Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking? I couldn't find any place that has it in stock. Was it optics planet?
7/12/2019 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:

Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking? I couldn't find any place that has it in stock. Was it optics planet?
View Quote
I got an email from Big Daddy Unlimited on the 8th saying they had them in-stock and I immediately ordered one at $99.99.  The wife and I were on a short vacation, returned home yesterday.  We had our mail held while we were gone.  Shipment tracking yesterday said it was held at the post office at customer request so I'll have it today when my mail is delivered. (I guess this shipped USPS and not Fed-Ex.)
Since it's replacing a black SBA4, it will take only a couple seconds to put it on the pistol.


Updated to add a picture...
Attached File
7/16/2019 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Looking sharp! - thanks for the updated pic.

I saw Midway just got one in stock so ordered and should be here tomorrow.

Got mine as well .
Like it way better than the original SOB brace that came with the pistol. That staked castle nut was a mother to take off.

7/24/2019 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:
I got an email from Big Daddy Unlimited on the 8th saying they had them in-stock and I immediately ordered one at $99.99.  The wife and I were on a short vacation, returned home yesterday.  We had our mail held while we were gone.  Shipment tracking yesterday said it was held at the post office at customer request so I'll have it today when my mail is delivered. (I guess this shipped USPS and not Fed-Ex.)
Since it's replacing a black SBA4, it will take only a couple seconds to put it on the pistol.


Updated to add a picture...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37420/Resized_20190716_153912_jpeg-1018417.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking? I couldn't find any place that has it in stock. Was it optics planet?
I got an email from Big Daddy Unlimited on the 8th saying they had them in-stock and I immediately ordered one at $99.99.  The wife and I were on a short vacation, returned home yesterday.  We had our mail held while we were gone.  Shipment tracking yesterday said it was held at the post office at customer request so I'll have it today when my mail is delivered. (I guess this shipped USPS and not Fed-Ex.)
Since it's replacing a black SBA4, it will take only a couple seconds to put it on the pistol.


Updated to add a picture...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37420/Resized_20190716_153912_jpeg-1018417.JPG
Dumb question but what kind of rail is that on the pistol?  Looks good and I am looking for a replacement myself
7/24/2019 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:

Dumb question but what kind of rail is that on the pistol?  Looks good and I am looking for a replacement myself
View Quote
Troy 7" enhanced drop in quad rail here with Ergo FDE  ladder rail covers.
7/24/2019 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Quoted:
Looking sharp! - thanks for the updated pic.

I saw Midway just got one in stock so ordered and should be here tomorrow.

Got mine as well .
Like it way better than the original SOB brace that came with the pistol. That staked castle nut was a mother to take off.

https://i.imgur.com/DVH7jmS.jpg?1
View Quote
If it fit's a mil-spec RE then what's the reason for removing the original?
7/25/2019 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I was just wondering that also.
7/25/2019 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:

If it fit's a mil-spec RE then what's the reason for removing the original?
View Quote
The DD Mk18 pistol I bought several months ago still came with original SOB brace (non-adjustable), which had pistol RE instead of milspec RE.

I think newer DD pistols are now shipping with SBA3 instead, which means you get milspec RE to begin with, so should be able to just a drop-in.
7/25/2019 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I have two with sba4 on em,,,,, love em
7/26/2019 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#47]
the only problem w/ the SBA4 is that it's too damn tight on the buffer tube
7/26/2019 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:
the only problem w/ the SBA4 is that it's too damn tight on the buffer tube
View Quote
It is getting a bit easier to adjust after a week of sliding back and forth, but yeah still somewhat tight.
7/26/2019 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#49]
fHopefully OK to post this here.  If you're registered on the Botach site these are $95 right now - black and fde both in stock.  Same for SBA3 (black only at the moment).
7/26/2019 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:

If it fit's a mil-spec RE then what's the reason for removing the original?
View Quote
The expandable position holes / stops differ on other factory tubes. Brace comes with 5-position tube whereas many other tube are 4 position. Here's one of my SBA3s on a Colt tube. The left most pic is in locked psn. With the brace fully forward, it's not locked which I actually like.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page

[ARCHIVED THREAD] - SBA4 (Page 1 of 2)

AR Sponsor