Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2019 9:14:04 PM EDT
It'll be my first AR. Not looking to build one. For $495 can you get a better complete rifle? It'll get no more than a couple thousand rounds through it a year.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably more than suitable for your needs and a decent price. Plus you have the added benefit of the Ruger warranty and customer service. I have only seen a couple of them in the wild and shot one on an indoor range. Seemed just like about 87 other makes of the AR15. Buy it, shoot it, and then give us a range report.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You will be fine with it for your purposes, I have a couple of them and they are decent overall.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I was pretty impressed with a Del-ton DT Sport 2 I mitted recently & PSA has an equivalent deal (to the Ruger, +nitride barrel, -rear sight) for $100 bucks less street price.  Or their Magpul furniture version with rear sight for $449.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ruger is a excellent choice. The S&W is also good and has a better trigger. The S&W has a slower twist barrel that is better for lighter bullets. Otherwise it is a wash. I own both. I have never been disappointed with any Ruger firearm.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You have had an account since 2012 and this is your first AR?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for the input fellas
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top