Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2023 9:22:57 AM EDT
I did my best recreating the Export Taiwanese T65 lowers with Ian @ Forgotten Weapons help (examples to copy markings).

The kits from HK parts are truly rare/special as they came from El Salvador. Used in their civil war, these kits have history. None of these are built yet, I just wanted to share some pics of the lowers as I am proud of them.

1:1 markings including the serial font. I’ll show pics once we build some of these. I’m going to let John Thomas put my uppers together since I’m short on time.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That’s hot
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#3]
They are a strange gun with the gas piston system. I want to drop a DIAS in this once it’s built and see how it runs.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That's awesome! Do you have a general idea when these would be in stock?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's awesome! Do you have a general idea when these would be in stock?
View Quote

Can’t wait to get mine!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice!!!

Coincidentally I saw this was on Twatter a few days ago…..https://twitter.com/fighterxwar/status/1640855522776694785?s=61&t=CJ66Dm1hFOpY6I1GoUL1HA
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Very slick OP.

I spent some time in Central America (Honduras and pre-invasion Panama) during the Contra and other wars. I'd love to have something like that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, I wish we could get some of those kits. The lowers are strange looking.

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Killer work, as always!
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks fantastic as always!
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
A T-65 Pre Sample will be for sale in the May 23 Auction at Poulin Auction in ME. One of very few in the US

EXTREMELY RARE TAIWANESE T65 SELECT FIRE RIFLE.

Cal. 5.56x45mm S# 07432X.  Bbl. 22 over muzzle device. The elusive T65 was developed by the Combined Logistics Command of the Republic of China Armed Forces in Taiwan as an alternative to the US Military’s M16 in 1976. This was the 65th year of the Republic of China, and this new model was designated T65. Internally it somewhat resembles the M16, with its rotating bolt, however brings the addition of a short stroke piston system to replace the M16s direct gas impingement operating system.  The T65 served as the primary weapon system of the Taiwanese Army until being replaced w/ the T91 in the beginning of the new Millennium.  The T65 is extremely rare in the United States, rumored in such small numbers to be easily counted for on only a single hand. This example is one of them. Matte black finish on all exposed pieces. Protected post front sight / gas block / bayonet lug. 12.75" upper & lower 2 piece handguards w/ metal heat shields. Windage adjustable, 2 position rear peep sight. Front & rear, flip up, 3-dot night sights utilizing luminous paint. Center located charging handle similar to AR-15 platform. Raised fence style lower receiver marked on left side of mag well; "RIFLE 5.56 MM / T65 / 07432X". Ambidextrous safety / selector marked; "SAFE / SEMI / AUTO" on both sides. Upper receiver incorporates no brass deflector or forward assist. 10" plastic stock w/ trap door for cleaning kit. Sling swivels front & rear.  MAGS: 3 aluminum 30 rd. w/ 15 rd counter holes on left side. UNATTACHED ACCESSORIES: Original A1 style flash hider w/ washer. T-65 bayonet & scabbard. CONDITION: Finish is complete & consistent w/ only subtle signs of thinning, primarily on high spots & faint line on right side of mag well. Handguards illustrate only one tiny impression & stock has no obvious signs of prior use. Magazines & bayonet appear as new. Bore is bright w/ strong rifling. Fire control mechanism appears to function correctly when cycled by hand. PRE-86 DEALER SAMPLE (KEEPER).
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A T-65 Pre Sample will be for sale in the May 23 Auction at Poulin Auction in ME. One of very few in the US

EXTREMELY RARE TAIWANESE T65 SELECT FIRE RIFLE.

Cal. 5.56x45mm S# 07432X.  Bbl. 22 over muzzle device. The elusive T65 was developed by the Combined Logistics Command of the Republic of China Armed Forces in Taiwan as an alternative to the US Military’s M16 in 1976. This was the 65th year of the Republic of China, and this new model was designated T65. Internally it somewhat resembles the M16, with its rotating bolt, however brings the addition of a short stroke piston system to replace the M16s direct gas impingement operating system.  The T65 served as the primary weapon system of the Taiwanese Army until being replaced w/ the T91 in the beginning of the new Millennium.  The T65 is extremely rare in the United States, rumored in such small numbers to be easily counted for on only a single hand. This example is one of them. Matte black finish on all exposed pieces. Protected post front sight / gas block / bayonet lug. 12.75" upper & lower 2 piece handguards w/ metal heat shields. Windage adjustable, 2 position rear peep sight. Front & rear, flip up, 3-dot night sights utilizing luminous paint. Center located charging handle similar to AR-15 platform. Raised fence style lower receiver marked on left side of mag well; "RIFLE 5.56 MM / T65 / 07432X". Ambidextrous safety / selector marked; "SAFE / SEMI / AUTO" on both sides. Upper receiver incorporates no brass deflector or forward assist. 10" plastic stock w/ trap door for cleaning kit. Sling swivels front & rear.  MAGS: 3 aluminum 30 rd. w/ 15 rd counter holes on left side. UNATTACHED ACCESSORIES: Original A1 style flash hider w/ washer. T-65 bayonet & scabbard. CONDITION: Finish is complete & consistent w/ only subtle signs of thinning, primarily on high spots & faint line on right side of mag well. Handguards illustrate only one tiny impression & stock has no obvious signs of prior use. Magazines & bayonet appear as new. Bore is bright w/ strong rifling. Fire control mechanism appears to function correctly when cycled by hand. PRE-86 DEALER SAMPLE (KEEPER).
View Quote

https://www.icollector.com/item.aspx?i=48505205

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Are any Taiwanese 30rd mags available? They have the outside mag stops which are unique.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you planning on any with Mandarin markings?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top