BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn looks like I'm too late. In for two when/if you run another batch!
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit...I don't know why I never looked in this section before...I need one lol. I have a mod 0 pistol that has a KAK with a saddle...which is kind of sopmodish looking...but this would really set it off and look 1000 times better...I'm in for your next run, whenever that may be...
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy shit...I don't know why I never looked in this section before...I need one lol. I have a mod 0 pistol that has a KAK with a saddle...which is kind of sopmodish looking...but this would really set it off and look 1000 times better...I'm in for your next run, whenever that may be...
View Quote
Ahmed brother.  Im in almost the same boat!
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot with the blade/brace a couple times.  Not as comfortable as a SBA3, but it still works well as it's almost the same dimensions as the N-type / old Colt aluminum stocks.  Works quite well in conjunction with a plate carrier due to the design nature of the smaller stock this is based off of.

Pretty happy with it for now.  Would not mortar this if you have to clear a hard stoppage.

Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've shot with the blade/brace a couple times.  Not as comfortable as a SBA3, but it still works well as it's almost the same dimensions as the N-type / old Colt aluminum stocks.  Works quite well in conjunction with a plate carrier due to the design nature of the smaller stock this is based off of.

Pretty happy with it for now.  Would not mortar this if you have to clear a hard stoppage.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49499592916_0142af9935_b.jpg
View Quote
Yeah I would not recommend slamming the thing around too hard lmao, there’s a little bit of flex to it so it’ll take impacts well but it’s still PLA+ plastic at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fantastic rifle!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fantastic rifle!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fantastic rifle!
Pistol
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
@Red_McCloud is there a timeline on these, by chance? Been skimming through this thread far too often! Awesome idea!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
In for 2 if they're ever available again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll need one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you think the slot for the sling would hold up to a QD adapter, like the KAC?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#13]
In for one or two when they become available again.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy hell, I need one of these for my mk18 just take my money I feel like a bum using a sba4 on my mk18 now that I know this exist
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#15]
How can I obtain one of these boss. Let me know I’m very interested and ready to pay
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Huh, quite the sudden influx of interested parties lmao.
My new printer should be here in a few days, after that I’ll do a small test batch of 5 to see how they come out. Depending on how they DO come out I’ll continue with 10 more for another full batch of 15.
Here’s hoping that all goes well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#17]
How can sign up for one of the first 5 boss?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My new printer should be here in a few days, after that I’ll do a small test batch of 5 to see how they come out. Depending on how they DO come out I’ll continue with 10 more for another full batch of 15.
View Quote
Exciting times.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm in for two, but I'd be more than happy with one of that's all I could get my hands on!
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't wanted to bug you but I'm very interested in one as well!!

V/r
Brett
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I haven't wanted to bug you but I'm very interested in one as well!!

V/r
Brett
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My new printer should be here in a few days, after that I'll do a small test batch of 5 to see how they come out. Depending on how they DO come out I'll continue with 10 more for another full batch of 15.
Here's hoping that all goes well.
View Quote
Maybe take names of interested parties and draw numbers. Once you get the list of people interested, assign each one a number and go to the site below (or any other random number generator).

https://stattrek.com/statistics/random-number-generator.aspx

Select 15 (or however many stocks you have) for how many random numbers.
Select 1 as the minimum value.
Select the number of people on the list as the maximum value.
Set allow duplicates to false.
Leave seed blank.

You'll get a result like the one below. Contact the people whose numbers match and tell them they won a chance to buy one. Easy peasy.

Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Some of us are already on the list!

All you young dogs is gonna have to let the big dogs eat on this one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Already on the list I’m so excited
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Johnny-come-lately desperation schemes nonwithstanding...I'm still good for what I've already committed to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#26]
want
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I have three of these, one per pistol.

what truly shocks me - frankly - is how still NO major brace player has either asked McCloud to buy his files or come out with something of their own.

it's just so plain to see that several hundreds of these would be sold to all those who like clone-mil  replicas...

if I had the capital for this project i'd be on it myself
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#28]
This would be awesome
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Saw these braces over on the ol Reddit, you still making these? If so ill be in for two!
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Intentionally cartoon-ized McCloud Brace Mod0 with Browe

ETA: why cartoon style, Phil? Cause - if this ain't a blaster you tell me what she is!!! (Love comics and shit)

Mod 0 Pistol by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Saw these braces over on the ol Reddit, you still making these? If so ill be in for two!
View Quote
Oh? Paste the link to the post, I am curious now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/fbl7f3/the_finished_product/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have three of these, one per pistol.

what truly shocks me - frankly - is how still NO major brace player has either asked McCloud to buy his files or come out with something of their own.

it's just so plain to see that several hundreds of these would be sold to all those who like clone-mil  replicas...

if I had the capital for this project i'd be on it myself
View Quote
I think it's the single best idea for braces we've seen in a while and the brace game has come a long way.  It's a brilliant design.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think it's the single best idea for braces we've seen in a while and the brace game has come a long way.  It's a brilliant design.
View Quote
Hear hear, here's someone that gets it entirely
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Being on the waiting list is killing me, these braces are the best I’ve seen hands down
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#36]
How can I get my hands on one of these? I'd like 2 but will settle for one.

Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey there, neighbor!

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh hell yeah put me in line as well please! That looks great!
ETA: Your inbox is full, no surprise!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#39]
^^^cant imagine why that is
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Please put me on the list
I’ll take 1 maybe 2

LMK
AL
email sent
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://imgur.com/a/qGG1XIv
I’m your huckleberry.
I’m actually about a day away from getting the first ‘pre-production’ prototype produced as well, I’ve spent around a hundred man hours developing this thing. As I can’t find anyone selling or willing to sell stock bits I’m just gonna sell the brace and the latch together; one is gonna have to cannibalize the spring and plunger from a standard stock but who doesn’t have two or three of those extra sitting around
Funny thing is I was actually planning on making a post about this all tomorrow once my pre-production one is done printing!
View Quote
There's this.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I sure hope I’m on this ‘list’ to get one since I said “I’ll take one” back on Dec 26!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Not so patiently waiting on an update on more braces being available, my mk18 in process is screaming for the brace

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I guess it's high time I put my bid in for a couple as well.  Like the poster above me, I need at least one for my Mk. 18 Mod 0 pistol.
I'll likely paint mine in FDE for the Mk. 18.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#45]
What makes this a brace and a stock a stock. Intent? I wish they would change the laws, it’s getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What makes this a brace and a stock a stock. Intent? I wish they would change the laws, it’s getting ridiculous.
View Quote
Yep, manufacturer's intent as well as the design (there's no real buttpad, it's just a blade).
In other news, I might be increasing the size of this batch, but as of yesterday, after finally setting up my new printer, I've started printing braces. It takes about 10 hours for one to print, so... it'll still be a while lmao, but I am going as fast as possible.

Quoted:
I sure hope I’m on this ‘list’ to get one since I said “I’ll take one” back on Dec 26!!!
View Quote
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#47]
@Red_McCloud so you're saying there's a chance.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep, manufacturer's intent as well as the design (there's no real buttpad, it's just a blade).
In other news, I might be increasing the size of this batch, but as of yesterday, after finally setting up my new printer, I've started printing braces. It takes about 10 hours for one to print, so... it'll still be a while lmao, but I am going as fast as possible.
View Quote
I’m excited!
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Still holding up generally well in the past few months in multiple range sessions.  Chem light is for low-light/night shoots.  This is pictured on a Colt M4A1 build, was testing it out when comparing it to my N-type stock.  Forgot to mention earlier, a few strips of 100 mph tape inside the tube of the stock will allow for a snug and smooth fit on a mil-spec tube.  These were probably printed to be wider to accommodate commercial tubes as well.

Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Add me to the list please. Would love to have two but will take whatever I can get...
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top