Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 8:45:10 PM EDT
I've been looking at building an xm177 clone for a while.  I haven't seen A1 uppers, slickside lowers, barrels, any of it.  Is there a source somewhere, or was the only maker of any parts Nodak Spud?  My googling has failed me and the stickied threads here don't exist.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
At the moment, demand has demolished supply. Brownells has recently had some retro barrels but show OOS right now. AR15sport sporadically has some small parts. The retro market’s “wants” are so diverse with some just wanting to get “pretty close” to those that are seriously OCD over the minutiae.  I think that part is frustrating for suppliers. NDS offered some neat stuff, but the waiting lists were often over the horizon. Their absence clearly exacerbated the demand crisis.

Quality at a marketable price point is tough enough, but with the wuflu crisis, supply chain and labor issues and our own crazy government, I figure niche markets are all suffering.

The best I can tell it’s pretty sparse out there and no one seems to have any sort of retro profile receivers in stock (I’ve been looking for friends). Original stuff is selling in the stratospheric range on GB. I think a lot of us are really hoping H&R can answer the obvious demand for quality vintage  looking components.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Be patient, he is a month away from receivers. Yes your waiting on him, no one has uppers. His are the best.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Check JSE.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of parts availability these days seems to be limited to what can be homebrewed outside of the occasional shipment of stuff to places like Brownells or AR15sport.
Me and BigRix make AR pistol braces, BigRix also makes a smattering of parts for the AR18.
Pistol grips and furniture are available all over with, varied quality. Uppers just are not around in general. Lowers will be coming from NDS soon and Brownell’s has some now and then.
Overall, things have definitely slowed down…
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I want to start an XM177E1 build but A1 uppers are non existent right now. Oh well, guess I'll wait for H&R.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm working on it

My new cohorts have never machined a carry handle upper before. They are currently setting up machines and doing test parts.

We have a lot of A1 and Slickside forgings in house, with another PO in for A2, C7, and more Slicksides.
View Quote

That’s terrific news!!! Thanks ??
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah I want to start an XM177E1 build but A1 uppers are non existent right now. Oh well, guess I'll wait for H&R.
View Quote
I feel your pain.  I have everything for my build except a stripped upper. Never thought a tax stamp would be easier to come by than an upper receiver, but interesting times and all that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Waiting on H&R...
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Brownells has really dropped the ball in the retro game.
I had high hopes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Mike

Do you have idea on price for the uppers and lowers at this point?
As I remember on your website Nodak, the lowers range from
$165 to $175 and same for the uppers a1 603s E1s and slabsides as well. There are many of us on here that want more than 1 set  I need to build at least 4. That is just me.

Are these upper and lowers going to be matched sets directly for H&R? or these going to be done in batches? Either way is fine by me. To buy 2 or 4 matched sets is going to put a hurt on my wallet all at once. (Also, piss off the wife. Everyone on the forum who is married knows the drill.) Anyhow, will the uppers and lowers be availiable to purchase individually? For example,
buy 2 lowers at once and then come back in few weeks to purchase the uppers? At Nodak you and Harlan speciallized in matched sets, that is why I am asking. Your company is going to corner the market for retro related firearms and parts. We sure do need it. Because right now there is really no one else that can do the job well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only way to do it would be to pre-package them at my location before going to the distribution warehouse.

I don't know if I'm going to have time once the parts start flowing.
View Quote

What is your website info?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I am going to wait for H&R offerings.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What is your website info?
View Quote

@wtwining
Everything you need to know
https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Mike-s-OFFICIAL-HandR-Retro-thread/301-301583/
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#16]
@mike_nds any plans for 607 stocks?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#17]
For uppers I got a slick carry handle upper at fulton armory.  I get other clone stuff at charlies custom  clone rifles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top