Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2023 12:27:36 PM EDT
For those of  you who run these what brands are you running? I loved in the field defense but they are no longer in business unfortunately, they used all mil spec parts so it looked like a standard trigger, no fancy double sided safety or big red plate that says safe semi binary. Any other manufacturers out there that make standard style triggers?
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
ITF… all you really need is the disconectors. Maybe someone here can machine them?
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
ITF is the only one I’ve used, brilliantly simple design, excellent quality. Only one I’m aware of that isn’t overly complicated and used fairly standard FCG parts. Thought I read recently that they were going to start making FCGs again but I could be dreaming.

The discos are the only proprietary/scratch made parts, very minor mods to the trigger and selector, stock burst hammer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ITF is the only one I’ve used, brilliantly simple design, excellent quality. Only one I’m aware of that isn’t overly complicated and used fairly standard FCG parts. Thought I read recently that they were going to start making FCGs again but I could be dreaming.

The discos are the only proprietary/scratch made parts, very minor mods to the trigger and selector, stock burst hammer.
View Quote

Youre rocking a FA hammer? You dont need that lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Youre rocking a FA hammer? You dont need that lol
View Quote

Lol no, I should have been more clear. Hammer just needs to have the wide burst style disco shelf, no auto hook.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah if ITF starts making kits again that would be awesome but I'm pretty sure Franklin Armory milked every penny they could out of that company unfortunately
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Also I have a set of disconnectors and the flat bow trigger Bob had accidentally sent me, I have regular mil spec colt triggers I was gonna have my fabrication friend see what he could do but that was like a plan B if I could just get a spare kit off of someone from here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah if ITF starts making kits again that would be awesome but I'm pretty sure Franklin Armory milked every penny they could out of that company unfortunately
View Quote

Believe they did
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Believe they did
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe they did

Franklin will always be on my blacklist. I’ll never do business with them with how they handled their situation and how they handled it on the public forums here while trying to delete comments. Pretty sure an admin helped as I recall…..

But I digress….

I have 2 of ITFD triggers in guns and love them
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one in my GAU-5A but I haven't been able to shoot it yet unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Franklin will always be on my blacklist. I’ll never do business with them with how they handled their situation and how they handled it on the public forums here while trying to delete comments. Pretty sure an admin helped as I recall…..

But I digress….

View Quote

You and i took it to em, but yes… being a sponsor of ARFCOM comes with perks, like admin sensorship.

Agreed. I dont curse in the forum a ton, but fuck franklin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
What did they do?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What did they do?
View Quote

Franklin Armory sued them for selling the triggers, it got pretty ugly from what I can remember. I didn't follow it as closely as others here, maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Franklin claimed patent infringement and stomped all over a small business, one man operation (and service member) and they ended up in court twice I think. Sucked everything they could out of ITF.

They also attempted to have ITF triggers shut down by saying they weren't AFT compliant and tried to rat to the AFT.

Finally, a rep came here into the retro forum on the official Franklin account when they were called out and he was one of the biggest douchebags I have ever seen on the site. Personal attacks made against Alex, myself and others. Realizing this, they got a mod to get rid of the thread or their posts, I forget which. I think it was the whole thread because I can no longer find it and remember it being a big deal that the whole thing just up and disappeared.

Alex and I may have some screenshots in our text conversations. I'd have to go back and look.

EDIT: Here’s some of it, but not the worst of it

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Dang.. Franklin Armory trying to get him in trouble with the FATF is no bueno.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah they did him dirty all because they were scared of competition and they knew his FCG'S were far better then theirs not to mention like half the price
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#16]
And yeah they got rid of the whole thread bc it was my post that started it, Bob had asked me to advertise for him on this forum, so I wrote up a nice review of his product and customer service and it turned into a shit show with Franklin Armory looking like a petty bunch of jackasses
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#17]
This is why we can’t have nice things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Well damn that sucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But I digress….

View Quote

I remember that.  They got quite nasty with the members here who called them out on their bullshit (basically everyone who commented) and it got to the point where they had the entire thread pulled down.  

I’m with you, I’ll NEVER buy their products again and I’m glad that the Franklin trigger I do have I didn’t buy from them I bought it at a gun show.  
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top