Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2018 1:01:29 AM EDT
Someone local has an AR upper listed for sale as a "Colt AR15A2". There isn't a lot of information given and the pictures aren't that great. The upper receiver appears to be a "C7" type with A1 rear sight, forward assist, Brunton bump, black finish, and CK forge code. The barrel is listed as being 1:9, is 20", has A2 handguards, and looks to be A2 or heavy profile. It doesn't come with the bolt or charging handle. I tried to do a little research but only found out that "CK" is Colt/Kaiser. I'm guessing that the 1:9 barrel isn't Colt. The price seems decent and I'm thinking about picking this up, does anyone have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, Colt had some heavy barrels that were 1/9.

Edit: The only sure way of knowing is to ask the seller what the markings on the barrel say.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be a real Colt, I have seen a few over the years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt did made 1/9 hbar barrels.
Don’t think they were ever paired with a C7 receiver.
If it’s an hbar Could have been assembled by the seller.

colt did sell C7 receiver with A2 govt profile1/7 barrels, chambered for both 222 and 223
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Delete.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Someone local has an AR upper listed for sale as a "Colt AR15A2". There isn't a lot of information given and the pictures aren't that great. The upper receiver appears to be a "C7" type with A1 rear sight, forward assist, Brunton bump, black finish, and CK forge code. The barrel is listed as being 1:9, is 20", has A2 handguards, and looks to be A2 or heavy profile. It doesn't come with the bolt or charging handle. I tried to do a little research but only found out that "CK" is Colt/Kaiser. I'm guessing that the 1:9 barrel isn't Colt. The price seems decent and I'm thinking about picking this up, does anyone have any thoughts?
View Quote
What markings stamped on the barrel?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. It was late last night when I saw the ad but I plan on trying to contact the seller today to see if I can get some more information like the barrel markings. I'm mostly curious as to whether or not this was an original Colt configuration. I was kind of leaning towards probably not. He's asking $250, so I may go for it either way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. It was late last night when I saw the ad but I plan on trying to contact the seller today to see if I can get some more information like the barrel markings. I'm mostly curious as to whether or not this was an original Colt configuration. I was kind of leaning towards probably not. He's asking $250, so I may go for it either way.
View Quote
For the upper and barrel?!

I'd buy no matter what!
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For the upper and barrel?!

I'd buy no matter what!
View Quote
Heck yea! A stripped upper alone will run you $150 or up for a non Colt replica.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard back from the seller and he says that there are no barrel markings. He said that he was told that it had been rebarreled. Sent me a few pics. Looks like the FSB and sling swivel have been secured with roll pins. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Kind of thinking about passing on this one
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe an Olympic barrel? That looks like one of their cast FSBs.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe an Olympic barrel? That looks like one of their cast FSBs.
View Quote
I've been looking around online and between the cast FSB, roll pins, and heavy barrel that's what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Get it! As you dive deeper into the retro rabbit hole you will value that front sight base more than the heavy barrel it is roll pinned to. John Thomas can sleeve it and pin it to a pencil barrel; this makes for an awesome replica early barrel arrangement.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Buy that shit. It has an Oly barrel and Colt upper. That barrel has a cast fsb which are harder to find. The upper is a Colt C7 upper.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top