Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2020 6:52:17 PM EDT
Hello All,

I'm here to shamelessly shill for John Thomas and Retro Arms Works. The work is always top notch, pricing is great, and turnaround is unbelievable. I sent him two barrels on a Monday, which he received three days later on Thursday. Friday the work was complete and shipped, I got my barrels back the following Monday. Terrific!

Attachment Attached File

Mr. Thomas re-parked a sight base, drilled and pinned both sight bases (one already had holes that he had to match the barrel to), and drilled and pinned both flash hiders. I couldn't be happier with the work he has done.

Thank you John Thomas!

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look great.  That turn around time is insane.

What are your plans for them?

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The M4 profile barrel is for an XM4gery I'm doing. The barrel is one I bought years ago from Brownells; 14.7", 1/7 twist, chrome lined. Non F-marked front sight base.

The pencil barrel is from Green Mountain. It is also a 1/7 twist, and I'll use it on a 723 clone.

I'll be sure to post pics when I get them done
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
#gunwizard

The man has skills.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M4 profile barrel is for an XM4gery I'm doing. The barrel is one I bought years ago from Brownells; 14.7", 1/7 twist, chrome lined. Non F-marked front sight base.

The pencil barrel is from Green Mountain. It is also a 1/7 twist, and I'll use it on a 723 clone.

I'll be sure to post pics when I get them done
View Quote

Very cool.  I need a 723.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Very cool.  I need a 723.  
View Quote

They’re overrated. :)

Mr. Thomas p&w’d with spacer on this one.

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They’re overrated. :)

Mr. Thomas p&w’d with spacer on this one.

https://i.imgur.com/yClUm6x.jpg
View Quote

That looks great.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
JT did my 723 also, pin and weld, as well as parkerizing the FSB and muzzle device. Literally in and out of his shop in a few hours, USPS had it longer than he did.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top