Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2018 12:16:15 AM EDT
This might be nothing, but a carry handle upper I purchased recently came with some fairly significant damace to the left ear of the rear sight block ( that's what I get for being cheap and buying used...). It may just be my lying eyes, but the carry handle looks torqued to one side when viewed from the front, even more so when I have a scope mounted to it (to be fair it's a very cheap, very crappy Chinese knock off, so that might be the scope genuinely being off center). I've zeroed the irons at 25 yards and they don't look drastically different from how my other A1, so it might just be perspective. Sooner or later I'll take it out and try it at 100, but if it is bent, is this something that can be economically fixed, or is something like that not worth saving?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a new/used one. Used Colt ones can be had for $50. Worth it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see where he states it's a detachable carry handle. Is this an A2 upper?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]
If it is an A2 upper and the handle has been bent to the side somehow, sounds like replacement is the only path to make it right.

Where'd you buy the upper from?  Was it barreled already?  I'm wondering if it was held in a vice by the carry handle while a barrel was removed or installed?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top