Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2022 7:03:24 PM EDT
I like the Haley Strategic bags but they are never in stock. I'm looking for something that is made to hold a 16" carbine broken down into lower and upper in a backpack format.  I would like it to have enough storage for other stuff too and look like a normal backpack.

What do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to find it on sale or it’s nearly cost prohibitive but GoRuck makes inserts that hold all your firearms in a GR2.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d like to get a Cherrybomb from Eberlestock

This
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
been eyeing the Savior packs

under $80 and seem good
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 19Charlie278:

This
View Quote

That looks decent. I like that the belt is removable. That's a solid maybe.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 19Charlie278:

This
View Quote

I’d like all the Eberlestock packs. I just don’t know why the cherry bomb is so hefty. My g2 gunslinger is like half the weight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a camping chair bag, totally discreet

https://www.cavmfg.com/Discreet-Rifle-Bag-DRB.htm
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#7]
I’ve been down this road for the past few months and have looked at quite a few options.

My requirements are a bit different as I initially started out with a much smaller AR (5” barrel) split into the upper and lower.  I eventually transitioned over to a Sig Rattler and decided I wanted to be able to carry it assembled and loaded, which lead me to Vertx.  They do have a crap ton of options, but none specifically designed around carrying a rifle broken down.  That said, a few strips of Velcro one wrap would work well to secure both the upper and lower as their “concealed carry” compartments are lined with hook Velcro.

The one thing that I’ve noticed with most of these packs is the larger the firearm, the less “discreet” it’s going to appear, IMO.  It may not outwardly scream “firearm”, but with a long, usually more slender pack, there isn’t a huge list of items that someone might be carrying in there.

Guess it really depends on how strictly you want it to be in a “normal backpack” format.  You can go from a fully discreet pack complete with bright “hiking” colors (Vertx), all the way up to an FDE soft sided rifle case (complete with MOLLE and Velcro everywhere) with some shoulder straps sewn on.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top