Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2023 11:22:06 PM EDT
Looking for a laser - for fun/range trips.
Not really for HD or apocalypse. I do not do competitive either.
Looking to spend …$50? 100?
I see crimson trace and holosun make some in the $300 range but that might be too much for what I want

Will be ok am AR and like it to reach 50-100 yards if that’s even possible … if not totally fine.
Needs to hold zero decently
Green preferably in color
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You're obviously going to be in the Asian price level here, so all that gripe/disclosure aside...

I have an Olight on my .22lr plinker AR that actually works well, is tiny, not a rail space hog, holds zero, and compares favorable to my Streamlight "real" defensive-gun light/laser. It's a toy, so being rechargeable is a plus, because you're not going to care if it eats batteries, and you're not betting your life on it, so... charge when needed. (Mine holds charge well, btw.) You can run it light only / laser only / or light+laser at same time with a simple switch.

https://youtu.be/9Ii494XffhQ

It's always on sale (except now, of course...:) ) I think I paid $80 or so. Wait a day or two, or google a coupon code: they're always running some promo. https://www.olightstore.com/baldr-mini.html

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079WC8MNJ?tag=arfcom00-20

This is the Steiner TOR in green for $93. The laser in this is decent, you can actually pick up a dim beam at night while using it. In bright daylight you will not get 100 yards out of it. 50 Yards you'll need to squint. But plenty bright in a house or at night.

The problem is it is hit or miss whether they hold zero. Just like their infrared version the adjustments have no clicks and spin pretty easy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the SOTAC clone of the Perst 4 laser. I have one and it is great. It's about $130 and it feels like it's made of solid metal and not cheap plastic. It holds zero and isn't cucked from the factory like $1,400 civilian lasers you get made in America. It is a full power Chinese/Russian laser that hits between 15 to 20 mW of power. Don't stare to long at the visible green beam because it's so bright. Or you could just pay 10 times more for 75% reduced power. I prefer not paying to get cucked though. Your choice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Do yourself a favor and just skip the idea. Try a laser on someone else's rifle to learn that you don't want or need it. You will be glad you did not buy a cheap laser you can't resell.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top