Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2023 9:34:44 AM EDT
Looking at Holosun's HS503 with circle-dot 2-MOA

I do have astigmatism and the higher the quality prism type red-dots wash-out the worst for me personally.

Etched reticle seam to work best but I have limited experience with them.

Been shoting many years with hunting scopes hunting Maine white-tails and training with various iron sights for home defense on AR carbines.

The Holosun HS507C V2 on my Glock 9mm is very impressive and why I'm seriously looking at the 503.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]

How about a Primary arms micro prism?

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I think an older used aimpoint M series or PRO with some salt would be cool in keeping with the theme. But if those aren’t good for your eyes I can get behind the holosun. I have the 510 and the big window is really nice. Surprisingly clear glass. If you like the holosun just find a good black friday deal on one and go for it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I do run lots of holosun on pistols and carbines and they are a great value for the money. I have never found myself looking through one and thinking it was budget grade. It sounded like you wanted some magnification. Maybe a magnified optic for long range and the holosun red dot on a canted mount?

On that note check out Burris fastfire. I have one of them and they seem like an alternative to the holosun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Holosun HE510C elite with a green reticle helps my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
TR24 is as good as Aimpoint + Magnifier while giving you a diopter for your astigmatism on the 1x.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TR24 is as good as Aimpoint + Magnifier while giving you a diopter for your astigmatism on the 1x.
View Quote

Interesting, LaRue mount recommendation?
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have astigmatism too and for me the holosun circle dot is actually clean. I have 503R’s as offset dots and a 503g with acss. The 503g acss BDC dots all streak together but are clean under a magnifier. I agree the TR24 is a great option. The triangle is bright and fast. It’s a great 0-300 optic using a 50 yard zero. I run one with a ADM recon mount since LaRue is so expensive. Warne X skel mounts are great too. The TR24 is super light weight. As long as you aren’t trying to shoot past 350 or trying to shoot super small targets it’s one of my favorite optics. The credo 1-6 with the 55gr BDC in red is another great optic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have astigmatism too and for me the holosun circle dot is actually clean. I have 503R’s as offset dots and a 503g with acss. The 503g acss BDC dots all streak together but are clean under a magnifier. I agree the TR24 is a great option. The triangle is bright and fast. It’s a great 0-300 optic using a 50 yard zero. I run one with a ADM recon mount since LaRue is so expensive. Warne X skel mounts are great too. The TR24 is super light weight. As long as you aren’t trying to shoot past 350 or trying to shoot super small targets it’s one of my favorite optics. [color=#ff0000]The credo 1-6 with the 55gr BDC in red is another great optic.
View Quote

[/color]

I like mine, although it is heavy and bulky.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.primaryarms.com/rifle-scopes/brand/primary-arms/focal-plane/prism-scope
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Interesting, LaRue mount recommendation?
View Quote

If it must LaRue, used LT104 should do trick. Brand new LaRue seems too pricy compared to Geissele and Badger Ordinance Condition One. You might try an ADM Recon mount if you still want QD at the expense of a few Oz.
I used a GG&G FLT with a tr24 and it worked well to keep the weight down if you can handle the low 1.42" mounting.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I have astigmatism too.  If you mount the dot as far as practical away from your eye it really reduces the starburst.  I have a LaRue cantilever mount with an M2 Aimpoint.

NFn way would I pay the current LaRue prices though.  The value isn’t commensurate with the price even though it is great stuff.   My opinion of course.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Aimpoint M4...what better optic to mount atop a "beater" than something that's "bomb" proof.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top