Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2022 11:44:41 PM EDT
Does anybody else made a QD Sling Mount like this: KAC M-LOK QD Mount, Low Profile

I would rather not spend $60 on a sling mount but I can't find any other options besides the KAC and Strike Industries (who doesn't seem to have a great reputation).
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The only other one I can think of is from Reptilia but it's not much cheaper.

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/socket-mount-mlok-qd-sling-attachment/

I will say while I'm aware of Strike's reputation, I've gotten several of their products and they've been solid so far, I wouldn't hesitate but ymmv.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Railscales makes one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Strike Industries makes something similar that sells for about $25.

Strike Industries LINK Angled QD Mount
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.strikeindustries.com/media/wysiwyg/home/slider/Link_Angled_QD_Mount1.jpg
View Quote

Did you read the original post?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.strikeindustries.com/media/wysiwyg/home/slider/Link_Angled_QD_Mount1.jpg

I read up to the link, hit the link, scanned the rest of the thread and then posted. It's my fault for not taking the time to read through properly like I should. OP's mention of wanting other options besides KAC or Strike Industries (and his concern because of their reputation) dawned on me after I posted but decided to leave it up anyway.

I too am leery of Strike Industries quality (the only things I have made by Strike Industries are a few of their dust covers, which I have no complaints about). I'm also very concerned about QD components quality because of stories of failures and rifles being dropped. Given this, if I was in the market for this type of item I'd probably buy the SI QD mount from some place that has a good return policy (like Brownells*) and thoroughly test it to make sure that it was solid and not going to drop my rifle.

* "GUARANTEED. FOREVER. We carry high quality products and back them with the industry's strongest guarantee. If you buy a product from us and decide you don't need it, don't want it, or just didn't like it, we'll take it back at any time…with very few exceptions." Brownells
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Curious, what does a rear facing do that a top mount would not if you’re using a swivel QD?  I could see a difference between forward and rear facing but not top and rear facing if using a QD swivel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anybody else made a QD Sling Mount like this: KAC M-LOK QD Mount, Low Profile

I would rather not spend $60 on a sling mount but I can't find any other options besides the KAC and Strike Industries (who doesn't seem to have a great reputation).
View Quote

I have a bunch of Strike's charging handles and ejection port door covers, and my brother has a few other parts. Their parts are great, but their marketing scheme can get weird.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Curious, what does a rear facing do that a top mount would not if you’re using a swivel QD?  I could see a difference between forward and rear facing but not top and rear facing if using a QD swivel.
View Quote

Kinda hard to describe, I have the sling mounted as far back on the hand guard as possible but it is still pretty close to my support hand. When I go from slung position to low ready, the combination of the stiff sling and putting slack on the sling pushes the swivel attachment forward towards my hand. My last class, the swivel kept getting caught under my palm right as I was trying to fully grip with my support hand and it was driving me crazy. It is probably bad technique on my part but hoping a rear facing mount will help keep the sling away from my hand a little better.

By the way, I bit the bullet and grabbed the KAC Mount.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top