Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2018 1:01:29 PM EDT
What is the hive mind opinion on Rand CLP, MPro 7 LPX, and Slip2000 EWL? I currently use MPro 7 LPX. I’ve been pretty happy with the LPX, however I’m always willing to try experimenting with different lubes currently available. Rand CLP and Slip2000 EWL have caught my eye recently.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The second two are good lubes. Rand is garbage just like Fireclean. Leave it on for a couple weeks and it's funny. Leave it on longer and it's solid.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The second two are good lubes. Rand is garbage just like Fireclean. Leave it on for a couple weeks and it's funny. Leave it on longer and it's solid.
View Quote
What this man says!!

Mpro and slip are both great lubes .

Rand sucks , it's veggie oil based.  And that shit WILL GUM UP AND TURN INTO GLUE !!

Yes , I speak from experience,  rand is snake oil,  it's turns into glue !!
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What this man says!!

Rand sucks , it's veggie oil based.  And that shit WILL GUM UP AND TURN INTO GLUE !!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What this man says!!

Sorry, gummy not funny. But you get it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I use EWL/EWL30/EWG I love it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never would of guessed Rand CLP would of garnered a lot of negative comments. Between EWL and EWL30, what is more ideal to use?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Mpro-7 is my go to lube for every gun
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Never would of guessed Rand CLP would of garnered a lot of negative comments. Between EWL and EWL30, what is more ideal to use?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same great stuff except the 30 is a heavy weight lube
. The ewl 30 is good for hot climates otherwise the regular EWL is great stuff , and if you need a.lighter oil the regular slip 2000 oil is good to go and exceeds all mil-spec certifications of regular Break Free CLP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I've switched to slip products. Slip 2000 to clean, ewl to lubricate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Slip products have always been good but these days for all lube I use Lucas extreme duty.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't live in a very cold climate so the EWL30 is more versatile for me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been on the same quart of Slip 2000EWL since 2011.
It's great general purpose lube for everything.

I have EWL 30 and EWG for trigger groups.

This stuff doesn't gum up at all and makes cleaning very easy.  Awesome stuff and I will replace it with more of the same when I run out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve been using Slip 2000 EWL for several years now and am very satisfied with it.    No experience with the Rand other than hearing it promoted on a certain firearms podcast as being very reliable.   Buy the Slip 2000 EWL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Slip products have always been good but these days for all lube I use Lucas extreme duty.
View Quote
I currently have EWL 2000 and its been great. Well actually the bottle got a small crack in it and leaked 70% of it out which sucked but that was not the lubes fault. However when I order new lube, I am probably going to switch to Lucus because I was very impressed with the sample tube I got with my Sig.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Every so often I have to clean out my cleaning box, as I tend to buy new lubes and they sit.

Looking back at what I have been using for the past 10 plus years and it is

Slip 2000 EWL, EWG, 30

Wilson Combat lubes

But I am seriously considering switching to Mobil1 oil and grease when the current supply runs out.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Slip 2000 EWL is what I use when oil is needed...need to get their grease...but bought a bunch of small packets of milcom TW25 several years ago off here and got some left when I need a light grease.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been using Slip2000 since 2008.

I didn't even know what it was, just happened to be manning a booth behind theirs at 2008 SHOT.

When we were breaking down, they asked if we wanted a bunch of their product so they wouldn't have to pack it back up, so I said, "Sure...why not?"

I do a lot of high volume pistol and carbine courses, as well as DM or Precision Rifle courses in pretty extreme cold throughout the year.  Works great, stays thick on AR15s, with a lot of endurance.

Another thing I like about Slip2000 is that their stuff is non-petrol based, so you can fly with it as it isn't HAZMAT.

I'm also doing a year-long test of another lubricant that was tested and adopted by the Canadians.  So far, so good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#17]
When I first got into guns, I bought the M-Pro 7 kit (oil, cleaner and copper remover). Stuff works great.

When I ran out, I switched to Slip for no other reason than to try something new and try out a grease. Their grease, oil and cleaner works very well also. The oil bottle broke at the neck so I had to put it into another bottle but that was the only problem

Conclusion: Cant go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ve been mixing the EWG with EWL to lighten it up to a warm caramel consistency and it’s been working great on BCGs.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top