Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2018 4:33:20 PM EDT
I was bored so I threw a 14x scope and bipod on my 416 and ran it out to 500 yards this morning.  I wasn't sure if I'd even hit the paper at 500 but I was surprised.    I took some of my MK12 loads... 77 Lapua Scenar, Lapua match brass, Fed 205  Ar match primers with varget.  I only shot 2 groups at 500 and one each at 100, 200, and 300.   I was using a heavy mil spec trigger too.

500 Group 1 surprised me

500 group 2

500 yard line

300 yard group

200 yard group

100 yard group..got excited and dropped the last round

current setup
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
But but but piston guns aren’t supposed to be as accurate as di!

Nice groups dude
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
What was the measurement with your "dropped" round?

Nice shooting
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was the measurement with your "dropped" round?

Nice shooting
View Quote
1.2"  I can usually keep it right at 1" for 5-7 rounds..I'm using a very heavy gritty mil spec trigger.  I'm used to Geissele SSA-E and will be getting a Geissele for this in the near future.  Here's another 100 yd from the other day.

Calipers are zeroed at .22 for a center to center measurement.  Prob the last time I'll shoot this for groups.  I just always like to test things out to see what they are capable of..and test myself!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But but but piston guns aren’t supposed to be as accurate as di!

Nice groups dude
View Quote
i know right? so much hate.

i have a older LWRC 18" that is close to this HK and miles ahead of most chrome lined DI barrel i have.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#5]
HK416 barrel is also chrome lined by the way. I must shoot my 11" MR223A3 with chrome lined barrel for accuracy at 300m (hard to get longer range around here) one day, but 1-6x scope is not best for this kind of test.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HK416 barrel is also chrome lined by the way. I must shoot my 11" MR223A3 with chrome lined barrel for accuracy at 300m (hard to get longer range around here) one day, but 1-6x scope is not best for this kind of test.
View Quote
Yeah I think that's why I was so surprised..shorty chrome lined barrel.  Very accurate!  Almost makes me not wanna put many rounds through it but I got it to shoot and from what I've read they stay accurate for a longgg time.  I bet with a SSA-E trigger it would tighten up even more but that's the last time I'll scope it.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top