Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2022 3:43:21 PM EDT
has anyone tried this barrel? the feed cone looks better than most , and wondered if its reliable.

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-select-9mm-barrel-6/

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks good to me.  Reliability will also depend upon the lower and style of mag and feed ramp, or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
its a aero epc lower. i know the aero ba barrels have a poor feed cone. since i cant find anyone skilled enough to verify if the mag well is in spec and not the reason behind the misfeeds. i have to assume its the barrel and lack of a decent feed cone.

and yes i have contacted macon. but due to my employer it wont work out to send to him.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
its a aero epc lower. i know the aero ba barrels have a poor feed cone. since i cant find anyone skilled enough to verify if the mag well is in spec and not the reason behind the misfeeds. i have to assume its the barrel and lack of a decent feed cone.

and yes i have contacted macon. but due to my employer it wont work out to send to him.
View Quote

I have an 8.3" BA barrel in my AR-9 and it has run 100% without a single hiccup, but I am using Endomags which have a feed ramp built in.  You are correct that the Aero lower does seem to have more issues than any other system, but it isn't all the fault of the barrel.  I have seen many complaints with Glock mag systems from other manf's as well as Aero.  Not only do they look dorky, Glock mag guns are finicky.  Now I am sure some Glock mag AR-9 owners will dispute this, but I have been hanging around here for quite a few years and have seen it over and over.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 8" BCA barrel that has proven to be very reliable.
It has a feed ramp cut in the barrel.  I also polished the whole feed area on my buffer.  Maybe it helps.  
I am running a mean arms adapter mag.
Colt style BCG from a YHM 9mm kit.
Just swapped it to a Gibbz side charging upper.

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 I have seen many complaints with Glock mag systems from other manf's as well as Aero.  Not only do they look dorky, Glock mag guns are finicky.  
View Quote

The only issue I've ever had with my ar9 was the BA 9mm barrel that had a nonexistent feedcone. Rudy fixed it with his magic. The mags weren't the issue. Looks are subjective.

That being said. My ar9 gets WAYYYY more attention when I bring all my toys to the range. People don't want to put it down. As for the "fun" factor, its also on the top of my list. Its also cool cause it uses the same mags/ammo as my EDC.

There's lot of cheap pcc stuff out there. I'm sure if you go cheap you'll have problems (just like any other weapon system).
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure if you're a cop or what this means, but the obvious answer here is to just buy a barrel from rudy. Dude is a wizard with this stuff.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The only issue I've ever had with my ar9 was the BA 9mm barrel that had a nonexistent feedcone. Rudy fixed it with his magic. The mags weren't the issue. Looks are subjective.

That being said. My ar9 gets WAYYYY more attention when I bring all my toys to the range. People don't want to put it down. As for the "fun" factor, its also on the top of my list. Its also cool cause it uses the same mags/ammo as my EDC.

There's lot of cheap pcc stuff out there. I'm sure if you go cheap you'll have problems (just like any other weapon system).
View Quote

Just posting what I have seen posted here over the past 15 years.  The skimpy feed cones on most factory barrels cause issues with Glock mags more than others.  Rudy has fixed a lot of issues for people.  I agree that my AR-9 is also the one that gets the most love at the range.  Easy shooting.  Just plain fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
has anyone tried this barrel? the feed cone looks better than most , and wondered if its reliable.

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-select-9mm-barrel-6/

https://www.rainierarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/6377f0c55cde44c87adaca7f3fc3fbcd/r/a/rab-sel-9mm-14_1.jpg
View Quote
Did you end up buying this barrel?  Was looking at it also.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#9]
i bought 2, i only got to run a mag through it. but it ran with no issues on my configuration. i need to run some hollows through it next time i go up
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i bought 2, i only got to run a mag through it. but it ran with no issues on my configuration. i need to run some hollows through it next time i go up
View Quote

What style of lower, glock, colt, endo?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#11]
glock aero epc
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Any update. Interested as I need a 6” barrel.
5.5” barrel is just a little short for the hand guard I want to use.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#13]
i took it out the other day. i ran 147gr hsts and it seemed to run fine no issues. around 25 per gun
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top