BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2017 8:23:17 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Radical Firearms complete rifles?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Junk parts=junk rifle

You can do better, SW Sport II

ETA: I have a upper from them that will not run, they reply back to me every few weeks then ignore me for a few more... Great service.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, its super cheap. I was going to get it for my 12 year old just to take to the range.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I got lucky a few years ago and got a good 10.5" upper from them. A lot of complaints about the quality of their stuff
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 7.62x39 upper that works fantastic. I would buy again, I've put 2000+ rounds through it
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Radical is probably about as low as you can get on the quality scale. Obviously not everything they make is junk, or they wouldn’t be in business, but they have a huge number of issues.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No complete rifles, but I do have a 20" Grendel upper from them that has shot very well and about moa through about 1,000 rounds with no problems.  Radical has a bad rep with some from poor quality and poor service, but like DPMS before, they have improved.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
S&W M&P Sport II
Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II AR-15 Review: Great Budget Rifle Or Piece Of Junk? (HD)
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got lucky a few years ago and got a good 10.5" upper from them. A lot of complaints about the quality of their stuff
View Quote
Same. Upper looks and runs better than the last 10 psa uppers I have seen.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Definitely google them. A lot of negative feedback.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#11]
They are gunning to be the next Hesse/Vulcan/Moore/Bear Creek.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a 7.62x39 upper that works fantastic. I would buy again, I've put 2000+ rounds through it
https://i.imgur.com/sbdlFcu.jpg
View Quote
I have the exact same upper. I've got a vortex crossfire II on it. I used an Aim surplus bcg. My most accurate x39 upper yet. I also got a 7.5" 7.62x39 barrel from them for about $50 on sale. The barrel extension came off, BUT radical did answer emails asap, promptly sent a pre paid shipping label and had it back to me in about 2 weeks. It has been a nice barrel.

Ive read all the bad stuff about radical also, but all I know is they've treated me good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Was it Radical where the owner tried to fight a guy because his rifle wouldn't run for shit and he wanted it fixed?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:58:35 AM EDT
[#14]
It was Radical when there were no other parts in stock, and the ones that were available were overpriced...then Radical came out, and they were cheap!  In true AR fanatic style, everybody bought them, and posted about them!  There were some interesting posts a couple years ago
There have been a few junky big-store specific brands/bargain brands that seem to be from the same MIM factory; PSA has an off-brand, Brownells had their junky brand (beer makes the name escape me), Radical, etc.

NOW, with everything being cheap, and plentiful, there is no reason for them, and that is great for you all!
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Garbage. Get PSA or Windham for a toss-around gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Meh, I’ve got one of their 10.5” pistols that has a ton of suppressed rounds through it and runs fine
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#17]
IVe been tempted several times to buy one from Primary ARms but the negative feedback has kept me away. I went with Ghost Firearms for latest cheap build very happy with it so far. though they went heavy on the cerakote and had some fitment issues
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
They are garbage. Stay far, far away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Update, I went with Smith and Wesson M&P sport 2.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Colt..
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good choice.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Years ago when I built my first rifle and I bought a 16" Radical midlength barrel out of impulse because I grabbed it for $100.
Before I even installed it, I kept reading so much negative feedback that I decided not to use it and being my cousin was building his first at the very same time and he was on more of a budget, he took it off my hands and I put my money towards a 16" BCM.
This was back very early 2014.
To date, my cousins rifle has run fine w/ the radical barrel. But, you cant help but observe all the negative feedback.
" Where theres smoke, theres a fire"
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I looked at (what was supposed to be)a brand new Radical pistol AR at a gun show. The charging handle catch/upper interface was all chewed up with bare metal showing....never have seen that? Anyway...... they only wanted $900 for it.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I won't do business with them.  They are close to me and conveniently located, but it isn't worth the potential headache.

https://primaryandsecondary.com/radical-firearmsprimary-secondary/
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 10.5 pistol upper I bought from Primary Arms.  Everything looked good. Fit on the pistol lower is fine.  It runs great and hits where I point it.  Have used it on 200 and 300 yard steel with a PA Micro RDS shooting Wolf Poly.  No complaints here and I actually like their FGS MOE rail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I picked up an X39 upper for $150 a few months ago and other than having to polish the ramps for hollow points, it has been flawless.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#28]
When midway had the Aimpoint blemished optics on sale a month or so back I decided to grab one of the ACO's and take the plunge on a 300 bo pistol build.  I'm hesitantly going to say I'm pretty happy with the whole package as it turned out with PSA premium BCG, and SB Tactical SOB lower parts build kit.

The link to the upper was on sale for $188 at the time I bought it at Primary Arms, seemed like a pretty good deal at the time.
The Radical 300BO upper that i bought

The "Primary Arms Exclusive" m-lok handguard is marked Midwest Industries and actually feels great in the hand, no regrets there.  It's to damn cold to spend any time outside right now, so I currently only have about 15 rounds down the tube to get the aimpoint roughly sighted in at 25 yards, and no issues with anything, but so far I've only tried supersonics.  Overall, even if the barrel should develop some issue, the whole package is worth swapping a new barrel into, and I wouldn't be terribly upset.   I clicked on this thread because most of what I've heard of Radical has been pretty bad, I tore the handguard off and checked the barrel nut, gas tube roll pin and set screws, and dabbed locktite on everything but the barrel nut.  Hopefully I have a better experience with this upper then most of the reviews I've read on their products.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When midway had the Aimpoint blemished optics on sale a month or so back I decided to grab one of the ACO's and take the plunge on a 300 bo pistol build.  I'm hesitantly going to say I'm pretty happy with the whole package as it turned out with PSA premium BCG, and SB Tactical SOB lower parts build kit.

The link to the upper was on sale for $188 at the time I bought it at Primary Arms, seemed like a pretty good deal at the time.
The Radical 300BO upper that i bought

The "Primary Arms Exclusive" m-lok handguard is marked Midwest Industries and actually feels great in the hand, no regrets there.  It's to damn cold to spend any time outside right now, so I currently only have about 15 rounds down the tube to get the aimpoint roughly sighted in at 25 yards, and no issues with anything, but so far I've only tried supersonics.  Overall, even if the barrel should develop some issue, the whole package is worth swapping a new barrel into, and I wouldn't be terribly upset.   I clicked on this thread because most of what I've heard of Radical has been pretty bad, I tore the handguard off and checked the barrel nut, gas tube roll pin and set screws, and dabbed locktite on everything but the barrel nut.  Hopefully I have a better experience with this upper then most of the reviews I've read on their products.
View Quote
That is the Mlok symbol.  Midwest Industries has nothing to do with those handguards
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is the Mlok symbol.  Midwest Industries has nothing to do with those handguards
View Quote
I stand corrected, Midwest painting it bright white on the side of their handguards is where I probably got that impression from.......  The MLOK symbol is engraved on the bottom of my handguard about the same size as Midwest paints it on theirs.  Who ever made it, it feels like a high quality piece, I like it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#31]
AIM has a good deal going now on Radical uppers..$189.99

I did some searching via the web and here...Glad I didn't pull the trigger on one.

They're shit..here is one example : http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/25/breaking-radical-firearms-steps-line-makes-things-personal/
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I had a 16" 300blk that worked well.

I wouldnt roll the dice again though.  I sold it and bought an Andro.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#33]
CDNN has the DB-15 for $399
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Junk. I stay away from all these budget brands. Not worth it and they don't tempt me anyway since I usually prefer specs that don't match what the cheap stuff offers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, its super cheap. I was going to get it for my 12 year old just to take to the range.
View Quote
Nothing disappoints a new shooter more than a gun that doesn't work. There are plenty of reasonably priced good AR's these days.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought a 10.5 upper from them back when they first started.  Took a very long time to get, 3 months or so.  I didn't use it much for a year or two and then it started acting under gassed. Long story short I had an early model that barrel extension had come loose from the barrel.  When I tried to take it down to diagnose the barrel unscrewed.  I emailed radical and told them I had taken it apart.  They agreed to fix it. I mailed it back and they put in a new barrel and turned it around the same day.  I mailed it on a Friday or Saturday and had it back by Thursday.  I have heard they got that particular issue fixed so I would be inclined to buy again based on the service I received.  Ideally it would not have needed service but it did.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I am curious about quality as well. I know they are a budget company, but I am only interested in their handguards. I saw one on primary arms for about $90 bucks, just curious if I should pass or not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am curious about quality as well. I know they are a budget company, but I am only interested in their handguards. I saw one on primary arms for about $90 bucks, just curious if I should pass or not.
View Quote
Just read this thread, again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Radical is probably about as low as you can get on the quality scale. Obviously not everything they make is junk, or they wouldn’t be in business, but they have a huge number of issues.
View Quote
Olympic used to turn out a good one occasionally too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pass. If you have a problem Radical will just string you along, hoping you go away instead of them fixing their garbage. Look at their backwards keymod handguards, the couldnt even get the orientation correct.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#41]
My RA Grendel upper has worked flawlessly.  I have also been keeping up on reviews of RA products since I bought mine, and the majority of reviews have good.  Some folks will never let go of a companies bad review of the past to see how they may have improved.  Folks did that with DPMS for a few years as well and now you rarely hear it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My RA Grendel upper has worked flawlessly.  I have also been keeping up on reviews of RA products since I bought mine, and the majority of reviews have good.  Some folks will never let go of a companies bad review of the past to see how they may have improved.  Folks did that with DPMS for a few years as well and now you rarely hear it.
View Quote
I am not aware of anyone buying DPMS when there are a ton of other good companies making good AR's where you dont have to stoop tp DPMS level quality. I would never touch a DPMS anything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can tell you first hand. I have a upper of theirs that wont run for shit, they have been stringing me along for months. Their last response to me was they would like to see it but never responded with a shipping address, rma, a return label nothing. Just so you know this is a recent as 12/27/17 as that was their last response. I originally emailed them in October about the problems with the upper. So its been 3 months and I still have a piece of shit upper that wont run worth shit.  Fuck them. Why risk buying shit when there are solid companies out there that sell a quality product for just a little more money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am not aware of anyone buying DPMS when there are a ton of other good companies making good AR's where you dont have to stoop tp DPMS level quality. I would never touch a DPMS anything.
View Quote
Lol, you being aware of something is your measure for if it is happening or not?  DPMS does good business.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I can tell you first hand. I have a upper of theirs that wont run for shit, they have been stringing me along for months. Their last response to me was they would like to see it but never responded with a shipping address, rma, a return label nothing. Just so you know this is a recent as 12/27/17 as that was their last response. I originally emailed them in October about the problems with the upper. So its been 3 months and I still have a piece of shit upper that wont run worth shit.  Fuck them. Why risk buying shit when there are solid companies out there that sell a quality product for just a little more money.
View Quote
Reads like you have good reason to not like their product.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes. Loose barrel extension.

Radical is on my do not buy list.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol, you being aware of something is your measure for if it is happening or not?  DPMS does good business.
View Quote
You missed the point, slick.

It's your money. I am not choosing to spend mine on shit when I don't have to.

Anderson lowers, with DPMS guts and Radical Upper..yeah...No thanks. I'd find a cali compliant post ban Oly before going that route.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Its funny that everyone here agrees that Radical Firearms are shit, but when I posted a comment on the /r/gundeals subreddit I got downvoted into oblivion
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a 10.5 in 556 upper from RF on my SBR. 5k rounds through it in about 3 years and a cerekoted it. Not 1 hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have a 10.5 in 556 upper from RF on my SBR. 5k rounds through it in about 3 years and a cerekoted it. Not 1 hiccup.
View Quote
Until you decide to take it apart and the barrel extension unscrews
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top