[#2]
Link fail
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link fail
View Quote

Works for me. Not a bad deal. Luckily my wife has no idea how much I've spent with RTB!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
No 9" combo?

They need better options
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No 9" combo?

They need better options
View Quote

Gave my daughter the conversion kit a couple years ago. It's been fun and cheap to shoot, albeit not very accurate/precise. Now she wants to build a dedicated pistol. I can't find a 9" dedicated (barrel only) anywhere. CTD has the combo. Significantly overpriced and she doesn't need another bolt. I wouldn't buy anything from them anyway. Traitors. CMMG is many months behind on orders. I suspect (don't know for sure) that RTB's 22lr barrels come from CMMG. So it seems building a pistol with a dedicated barrel isn't in the cards anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gave my daughter the conversion kit a couple years ago. It's been fun and cheap to shoot, albeit not very accurate/precise. Now she wants to build a dedicated pistol. I can't find a 9" dedicated (barrel only) anywhere. CTD has the combo. Significantly overpriced and she doesn't need another bolt. I wouldn't buy anything from them anyway. Traitors. CMMG is many months behind on orders. I suspect (don't know for sure) that RTB's 22lr barrels come from CMMG. So it seems building a pistol with a dedicated barrel isn't in the cards anytime soon.
View Quote

I do believe you are correct, CMMG and RTB bolts/barrels come from the same source. A dedicated .22 LR barrel is much more accurate than the conversion bolt in a 5.56 barrel. The barrel is really the only hard part to source, currently, though RTB did have some a few weeks ago. Watch the EE, they do show up there from time to time. The 4.5" barrel with a 4.5" handguard (MWI's in very nice) and a .22 flash can makes a nice, compact package (a case for a 15" laptop fits it perfectly, with an end cap and folding brace). Pretty accurate as well. Put an end cap on it and use a single point sling ala PDW or put an end cap with 1913 adapter and use SB Tactical's folding 1913 brace.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I do believe you are correct, CMMG and RTB bolts/barrels come from the same source. A dedicated .22 LR barrel is much more accurate than the conversion bolt in a 5.56 barrel. The barrel is really the only hard part to source, currently, though RTB did have some a few weeks ago. Watch the EE, they do show up there from time to time. The 4.5" barrel with a 4.5" handguard (MWI's in very nice) and a .22 flash can makes a nice, compact package (a case for a 15" laptop fits it perfectly, with an end cap and folding brace). Pretty accurate as well. Put an end cap on it and use a single point sling ala PDW or put an end cap with 1913 adapter and use SB Tactical's folding 1913 brace.
View Quote

I saw a 4.5" combo in stock somewhere. She has everything but the barrel for a 9" so we threw on a 5.56  faxon 10.5" for the time being and mounted the gas block backwards. 4" groups at 25yds LOL. She won't be able to hunt voles, but it'll work for plinking steel until/unless a 9" comes back in stock. I'll watch the EE. Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top