Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2024 1:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iGottaDropADuce]
So, recently Right to bear had A2 upper kits for $150. I figured i'd snag one and put it to use at some point. Then I stumbled into a new, small, production run of Rock River entry stocks. So I was browsing different builds online and found the one below. I like the look of it, almost like a mini A1 with triangle hand guards. I started trying to find a barrel with a non-f marked FSB, triangle end cap, and about 13.7". They're out there but in mid length gas. But, nobody makes mid length triangle hand guards. So I need that barrel combination but in carbine gas which is impossible to find it seems. Any input or are my speculations of the build incorrect?

https://imgur.com/a/AmQlVsi

Also, let me see some pics of your entry stock builds, I need inspiration
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're thinking a 13.7 for a pin and weld your best bet is probably a 14.5 or 16" barrel in carbine gas length and then have it cut down to what ever length you want.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flyit14:
If you're thinking a 13.7 for a pin and weld your best bet is probably a 14.5 or 16" barrel in carbine gas length and then have it cut down to what ever length you want.
View Quote

I considered that but I’ve never sent a barrel out for custom work. So my question about that is, can every carbine gas barrel accept an A2 FSB or does the gas block journal have to be long enough without changing diameter, to accept it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flyit14] [#3]
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:

I considered that but I’ve never sent a barrel out for custom work. So my question about that is, can every carbine gas barrel accept an A2 FSB or does the gas block journal have to be long enough without changing diameter, to accept it?
View Quote

As far as I know they'll all accept an FSB unless its some weird one off design.

You can get barrels with FSBs already attached.

Retro Arms Works (John Thomas) and ADCO Firearms can cut and thread the barrel any length you wish. Both do great work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Flyit14:

As far as I know they'll all accept an FSB unless its some weird one off design.

You can get barrels with FSBs already attached.

Retro Arms Works (John Thomas) and ADCO Firearms can cut and thread the barrel any length you wish. Both do great work.
View Quote

Yeah, I was looking into ADCO and that seems to be the route I’m going to have to take. TNTE sales had what I was looking for but I’ve read about long wait times from them amongst other issues.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top