Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2020 9:15:03 PM EDT
Hi everyone!

I built my RRA lower to host my RRA upper and everything seems ok expect maybe the stock fit: there seems to be a gap between the stock and the upper?

I enclose pictures:

Is this normal, or did I make a mistake?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own that stock but looks fine to me.

Not much to screw up there, make sure your not pinching your rear detent spring(or any debris etc)on the other side if you don't think it's on all the way and if your stock screw is tighten all the way .
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't own that stock but looks fine to me.

Not much to screw up there, make sure your not pinching your rear detent spring(or any debris etc)on the other side if you don't think it's on all the way and if your stock screw is tighten all the way .
View Quote
Scout,

Yeah, I think I will double check it tomorrow after shooting. I was planning to go shooting with it tomorrow but I decided to not take it and am taking one of my carbines to co-witness instead.

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have a molding flaw on the end of the nub that goes into the back of the receiver.

Pull the stock, break out some sand paper and sand the end of nub to clean it up so when you push the stock on the tube, it going to flush with the back of the receiver.

Hence nub fits the plate fine, but is a touch too long/molding flaw to fit into the back of the receive void area cleanly instead.

To fit in here, so the other areas of the stock can bottom out against the bottom of the receiver, before the nub bottoms in the channel beforehand instead.
View Quote
Dano,

Thanks for the information. I will double check the stock and adjust it to correct fit. I thought I had checked for fit before putting everything together, but I might have overseen this one aspect.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Dano,

I have used a file to trim up the stock and indeed, it has worked wonder!

I think it looks much better and it fits better as well!

Does this look like a suitable improvement? I guess I should shoot it and check how it performs huh?

Also, how tight do you tighten the end screw? I have it on tight but not "death" tight.

Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top