Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2018 11:10:29 PM EDT
I ordered an 80% Arms Easy Jig Gen 2 Multi Platform with Tooling from 80-Lower.com about a month ago.
No complaints... the promised estimated shipping date hasn't been missed yet.

My question is: for those who have dealt with them, should I expect them to ship as promised (within a week or two from now)?

There's so much other useful info on this forum, I figured some of you would have experience.

Background: we own a M1A, an Armalite AR-10 and a Colt M4 Carbine, but these 80% lowers will be our first builds.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You will get it ontime
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I wondered the same thing when I ordered mine.
it should be ok, it was for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. All geared up and ready to rout some aluminum when the jig arrives...
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
And... it's shipping today, a few days sooner than the 5 weeks they originally quoted.
So far, my review of 80-Lower.com is: they keep their promises.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear it, ordered mine about a week ago. Can’t wait until it comes in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered mine yesterday and it's already shipping today... Am I just super lucky or did they suddenly get in a huge order of them? I thought i would be waiting at least 4-6 weeks due to demand.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We have plenty of 80 Percent Arms jigs and a  variety of lowers in stock

https://www.righttobear.com/AR15-80-percent-lower-parts-and-tools-s/1855.htm
View Quote
Do you have zombie green cerkote color?? I see a lot of cerakote colors but no zombie green.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Oldgraygeek:

I had a very positive experience with 80-lower.com.

It was just over two years ago.  Winter/spring of 2016.   Obama was the Prez, and most everybody expected Hillary to be the next President.  80-lower was swamped with orders.

Ordered an easy jig and three lowers, in case I messed up one.  It was at at time when they were struggling to get in supply from their suppliers, and doing their best to ship on time, or close to it.

Shipment was delayed, but email communication was excellent.

I messed up the first one, but their jig messed up the second one.  I sent good pics that showed the issue, and they sent me a new jig and another lower--no argument and no issues, at all.   I showed them the problem, they agreed and made it right.

When a small company does that at a time when they are swamped with orders, struggling to manage their suppliers, and working lots of overtime to get out orders, I'm impressed.

So, i figured out a few things (use a GOOD drill press, but not necessarily a new one.  A 1950's one for $50 from Craigslist might work just great.);  use a shop vac to vacuum up the MILLIONS of aluminum shavings, . . .  and otherwise follow their advice about the router, and taking your time, etc., and you should have a good experience.  It IS a fun learning experience.

Since my experience, they have greatly improved those jigs, and I expect that with a good drill press and router, and patience and attention to detail, you will also have a good experience with those guys.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top