Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2018 7:29:48 AM EDT
I’ll be putting together an ar soon and was wondering what the quality rail brands are. Everyone around still uses key mod, is there a better alternative? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
LaRue and noveske are a couple good ones
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#2]
MLOK has taken over.

Geissele, SLR Rifleworks, Midwest Industries are pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the Midwest Industries Gen3 free float rails.  I have two MLOK versions and they are excellent.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I like using Midwest Industries products.  I've never been disappointed by any of their products.  I'd recommend adding them to your short-list of quality companies under consideration.

Plus, they are an ARFCOM Site Sponsor.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
ALG, centurion, Geiselle, slr
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#7]
My favorite is Geissele MK8, Diamondhead is second in my book.  Some of the newer 'thin/lightweight' rails are really too thin and too lightweight in my mind.  Durability starts to come into question.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe some more info would help, op

I would recommend Mlok over keymod because I think it has more longevity, but reality is any accessory you need to buy can be had in either system.  I think mlok looks better if nothing else.

Quality for cost, weight, and barrel nut to rail interface are things you should look at, barrel nuts that can be installed to a torque value and don’t have to be clocked are desirable.  A long barrel nut will provide for a more rigid interface.  BCM and Geissele are good examples.  I run KAC rails on all my guns, they are awesome but also expensive and difficult to install.  Those are my top 3.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Mlok is bestlock. Aero precision also makes excellent rails
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Daniels Defense, JP, SLR... others... all you have to do is choose what you think will fit you the best and like.  MLOK seems to be more common.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]
ALG Defense if you're on a budget.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I used an SLR Rifleworks on my last build and I'd be hard pressed to use another at this point.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top