Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2020 7:37:59 PM EDT
So, it's been a few months since I originally posted about my Cheekrest prototype for the Honey Badger and it seems the original thread is "archived" and can't be responded to. So I wanted to put up some new pics of the new prototype...love my Honey Badger, but the cheekrest was always too short for me...so here's my solution...what do you think??? Sorry for the links, they show embedded in the preview, not sure why they show as links in the post... :(

Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, it's been a few months since I originally posted about my Cheekrest prototype for the Honey Badger and it seems the original thread is "archived" and can't be responded to. So I wanted to put up some new pics of the new prototype...love my Honey Badger, but the cheekrest was always too short for me...so here's my solution...what do you think??? Sorry for the links, they show embedded in the preview, not sure why they show as links in the post... :(

https://i.imgur.com/Sw0b1q7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vt1JcTd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NsxGrGj.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this an SBR?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this an SBR?
View Quote
Pistol, at least that's my guess based on subforum.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an SBR?
I’d say so since there’s Velcro on the brace.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this an SBR?
View Quote
This is the Q Honey Badger Pistol...I love this pistol, but my cheek was always right on the corner of the cheekweld when the brace was extended. I came up with this solution to remdy that and it's perfect now! I designed it so there are NO modifications to the brace of any kind...it's just a piece that slides onto the end of the buffer tube but it makes a world of difference...
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]
nice
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
It's super cool, and always amazing to me what guys can imagine and create at home. Nice work!
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is the Q Honey Badger Pistol...I love this pistol, but my cheek was always right on the corner of the cheekweld when the brace was extended. I came up with this solution to remdy that and it's perfect now! I designed it so there are NO modifications to the brace of any kind...it's just a piece that slides onto the end of the buffer tube but it makes a world of difference...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an SBR?
So you modified the firearm with the expressed intention of making more comfortable to shoulder?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you modified the firearm with the expressed intention of making more comfortable to shoulder?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an SBR?
A) that isn't what he said and B) please just don't.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm off to write a letter..

In on 1.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not at all. This is just masking the 45 degree angle on the back of the buffer tube so it doesn't dig into my cheek...it's no different than any other buffer tube cheekrest...it's just made to fit this specific pistol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
So what field office do you work out of?

OP...very nice. Great work!
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks! It's amazing what you can do these days with a 3d printer...lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#14]
That’s really cool, haven’t handled a Honey Badger (I’m just a Sugar Weasel poors) but I know a lot of reviewers have the same feeling about the cheek weld and this seems to address it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I worked out of a "field office" I would be the one making the rules, not pointing out dumb ideas.

The difference (we enjoy) between brace vs. stock is intent not construction.

If you all want to be a gaggle of yes-men you are doing this new guy a disservice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If I worked out of a "field office" I would be the one making the rules, not pointing out dumb ideas.

If you all want to be a gaggle of yes-men you are doing this new guy a disservice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe shoot the guy an IM if you're truly concerned about his well-being? That's probably a better idea than asking a question phrased in a way that implies you're trying to catch him in the act.

Just my opinion. I'd rather see how folks are being creative, and let feds put their Top Men to on the case if they're worried about it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an SBR?

Attachment Attached File

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top