Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2024 3:48:49 PM EDT
I was looking into a new barrel, an 18" setup for a rifle-length gas system. I know a 12" handguard will expose the low-profile gas block. I, however, would like to fully cover the gas block; not half but all of it. I've been perusing for pictures but to no avail. QUESTION: will the Daniel Defense MFR 13.5 Rail cover a rifle-length gas system on an 18" barrel?

Thanks.

PS: Link to Rail
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s going to be close.  The gas block will start at roughly 12 5/8” from the front of the receiver. Most low pros are 1” long.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking into a new barrel, an 18" setup for a rifle-length gas system. I know a 12" handguard will expose the low-profile gas block. I, however, would like to fully cover the gas block; not half but all of it. I've been perusing for pictures but to no avail. QUESTION: will the Daniel Defense MFR 13.5 Rail cover a rifle-length gas system on an 18" barrel?

Thanks.

PS: Link to Rail
View Quote

Not the same rail, but I had a 13.5 on a rifle gas 18 and the gas block just barely peeked out the front.  It was not fully covered.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Geissele MK IV x 13.5 Handguard on my 20 Inch 22 ARC. The front of the Handguard is approximately 1/8" short of the front of the Seekins Adjustable Gas Fixture.

Bob R
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top