Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2024 3:48:49 PM EDT
I was looking into a new barrel, an 18" setup for a rifle-length gas system. I know a 12" handguard will expose the low-profile gas block. I, however, would like to fully cover the gas block; not half but all of it. I've been perusing for pictures but to no avail. QUESTION: will the Daniel Defense MFR 13.5 Rail cover a rifle-length gas system on an 18" barrel?

Thanks.

PS: Link to Rail
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeBud] [#1]
It’s going to be close.  The gas block will start at roughly 12 5/8” from the front of the receiver. Most low pros are 1” long.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By glassman87:
I was looking into a new barrel, an 18" setup for a rifle-length gas system. I know a 12" handguard will expose the low-profile gas block. I, however, would like to fully cover the gas block; not half but all of it. I've been perusing for pictures but to no avail. QUESTION: will the Daniel Defense MFR 13.5 Rail cover a rifle-length gas system on an 18" barrel?

Thanks.

PS: Link to Rail
View Quote

Not the same rail, but I had a 13.5 on a rifle gas 18 and the gas block just barely peeked out the front.  It was not fully covered.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Geissele MK IV x 13.5 Handguard on my 20 Inch 22 ARC. The front of the Handguard is approximately 1/8" short of the front of the Seekins Adjustable Gas Fixture.

Bob R
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top