Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2018 4:56:02 PM EDT
I want to put a medium-small light on my home defense carbine (11.5" DDM4V7 upper) and I want to put it in a Proctor PLM V3 which works well with Streamlight Protacs.

But do I want the 1L or the 1L-1AA?

The 1L-1AA can use a AA in a pinch, which I could see being invaluable, but when using the AA the lumens are cut in half & the AA battery fits loosely in the body. And the plain 1L takes only CR123 batteries but it seems more simple (rugged, foolproof) and it's a bit more compact.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Protac 1L

Pics of intended host rifle (on left):

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Poll added.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Frank designed the ring mounts before the Streamlight Rail Mount lights came out. The head of the handheld is not exactly designed to run on an AR. That being said I have one on my RECCE gun since I recently bought a 1A-1AA rail mount to go my SBR. It's a slick setup that is light and minimalist. Frank has since come out with the direct mount for the rail mount series which will get the light super tight to your rail.

If you're not going to run a tape switch, go with the ring mount, if you want that option, run a rail mount. Either way 1A-1AA version.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Frank designed the ring mounts before the Streamlight Rail Mount lights came out. The head of the handheld is not exactly designed to run on an AR. That being said I have one on my RECCE gun since I recently bought a 1A-1AA rail mount to go my SBR. It's a slick setup that is light and minimalist. Frank has since come out with the direct mount for the rail mount series which will get the light super tight to your rail.

If you're not going to run a tape switch, go with the ring mount, if you want that option, run a rail mount. Either way 1A-1AA version.
View Quote
Frank has one that's lived many thousands of rounds in the muzzle blast of his BCM. Maybe not made for it, but it impressed me.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top