User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I will wait on the shake awake. I don't care if it is $200, it is worth it to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
I will wait on the shake awake. I don't care if it is $200, it is worth it to me.
View Quote

It's 50k hr battery life, why would you even want it? Just change the battery once a year.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
In theory, you could leave it on 24/7 on the 50k setting and it should last 5.7 years.  

I chart/ list on my safe door that has a date that I need to change the battery on each optic.  I change them every two years automatically unless it’s a fun gun.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
The issue I've had with PA/holosun optics with passive night vision isn't the brightness... It's the lens coatings. They work great for visible light, but when comparing them to aimpoint, eotech etc the coating really limits the light coming through the optic that can be seen with an NVG. Instead of seeing the dot floating on the target with a bit of shadow surrounding it from the optic body, you get a dark shadow over the target with the dot floating inside. Not impossible to use, but not ideal either. It definitely makes it hard to see details of the target.
View Quote

This is my issue. Make a $300-400 t2 competititor. I want to buy this so bad. But past experience with pa and other red dots tell me itll be lacking thru nods.

Thats my only issue, I love them during the day. Just need all guns to be dual role.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MARSH1:

This is a ground up in house design not manufactured in a Holosun factory.
View Quote

Can you get thru nvg photos? Im a buyer if it performs significantly better than the pa micro/romeo 5s I had
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]

I will bring one home tonight and try and get a photo with my PVS 14
View Quote

My hero. Id reccomend setting the focus on a target at least 25 yards away as thatll help take the best picture possible.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Flip Lens Caps or ARD available?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Forgot.   but have one sitting out on my desk so I don't forget.
View Quote

No worries. I look forward to it and Im glad youre interested in trying.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MRW] [#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Going to take some work to get the pics. Way too much light in my Houston neighborhood. There is a bayou nearby so I will keep trying. 

This is in my garage at 20 feet. This is actually with the lowest visible setting because I was still getting in too much light through my garage windows but no bloom . 

https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/marsh2001/NV_zpsvzqzz3mv.jpg 

View Quote

Promissing. Hope for other pictures in future. My experience for best results is sandbag up rifle aiming at something at least 25-50y away. Focus on target and then put behind optic about where itd be when using on head. Gives best image of how the housing looks. Good stuff like t2 is a very faint ring.

Romeo 5 and pa micro dot and a thick dark ring and cloudy dark image thru the optic. Useable with illuminator, but defeats the purpose of passive aiming for me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:

Promissing. Hope for other pictures in future. My experience for best results is sandbag up rifle aiming at something at least 25-50y away. Focus on target and then put behind optic about where itd be when using on head. Gives best image of how the housing looks. Good stuff like t2 is a very faint ring.

Romeo 5 and pa micro dot and a thick dark ring and cloudy dark image thru the optic. Useable with illuminator, but defeats the purpose of passive aiming for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:
Originally Posted By MARSH1:

Going to take some work to get the pics. Way too much light in my Houston neighborhood. There is a bayou nearby so I will keep trying.

This is in my garage at 20 feet. This is actually with the lowest visible setting because I was still getting in too much light through my garage windows but no bloom .

https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/marsh2001/NV_zpsvzqzz3mv.jpg

He seems to be trying to photograph how the dot performs on the night vision brightness setting, not how the lenses/coatings allow light transfer for passive aiming. To demonstrate that, you'd need to take the photo from further back instead of right behind the optic so we can see, as you're talking about, how the optic itself looks when aiming passively (does it appear as a faint ring or a dark/cloudy image).
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
He seems to be trying to photograph how the dot performs on the night vision brightness setting, not how the lenses/coatings allow light transfer for passive aiming. To demonstrate that, you'd need to take the photo from further back instead of right behind the optic so we can see, as you're talking about, how the optic itself looks when aiming passively (does it appear as a faint ring or a dark/cloudy image).
View Quote

I got the same impression. Im sure the dot is fine on nvg settings. I have 2 veerrry old pa 30mm dots that are crisp and clean.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Got it.  Let me keep at it.
View Quote

Still more response than we get from any other optics manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#23]
So giving the optic a look over, it appears well made. I think this is the first entry level red dot where I didn't feel that the mount is a weak point.

I have a holosun on my carbine and I did not feel confident in the mount. The SLX takes that fear away as the factory mount is well machined and far more robust than competitors mounts.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Knife_Sniper:
So giving the optic a look over, it appears well made. I think this is the first entry level red dot where I didn't feel that the mount is a weak point. 

I have a holosun on my carbine and I did not feel confident in the mount. The SLX takes that fear away as the factory mount is well machined and far more robust than competitors mounts. 

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/primary-arms-slx-mount-1.jpg

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/primary-arms-slx25-e1589427548606.jpg
View Quote

Wow that looks really good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:30:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HomeAtLast] [#26]
Originally Posted By TheBigStink:
looks cool.  too bad its made in china with slave labor
View Quote

So far, the slaves are doing a pretty good job...

How large will the ACSS reticle be?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#27]

With as busy as we are I am not going to get it out of the city for some real world photos. PM me. I will send you a pre production one to test out. There are no changes in coating from what will ship. These were just hand assembled instead of going down an assembly line.
View Quote

Oh shit.

Well Ill snag pictures and do a review for you as best I can.

Itll also make the rounds at Cola Warrior Flyover 3 to get a group opinion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11C1P] [#28]
With as busy as we are I am not going to get it out of the city for some real world photos. PM me. I will send you a pre production one to test out. There are no changes in coating from what will ship. These were just hand assembled instead of going down an assembly line.
View Quote

You can send me one & I'll take it out to the range & test it out, for free!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Water proof? Resistant? Rated?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

Since you’re a fellow freedom lover, thank you for respecting the freedom of an American company to manufacture their products with people of a different nationality than yours. And thank you for allowing other Americans to purchase whatever products they want without injecting your personal politics in a technical forum.
View Quote

Thank you for selling out your country, Chowder.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Core:

ROC Taiwan are good people.  Agreed about China, but it's the government not the little people, try not to forget this.  
View Quote

Yeah, so why support a communist government hostile to us?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:16:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#32]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:21:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556_Chowder] [#33]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

Thank you for selling out your country, Chowder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

Since you’re a fellow freedom lover, thank you for respecting the freedom of an American company to manufacture their products with people of a different nationality than yours. And thank you for allowing other Americans to purchase whatever products they want without injecting your personal politics in a technical forum.

Thank you for selling out your country, Chowder.

Have some class and stop harassing vendors and their customers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:17:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11C1P] [#35]

Good info in this thread showing it in water

LINK
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:

Oh shit. 

Well Ill snag pictures and do a review for you as best I can.

Itll also make the rounds at Cola Warrior Flyover 3 to get a group opinion.
View Quote

Oooo CW T&E would be AWSOME!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd buy 2 of the dots 2 of the FFP 1-8x if ya'll ever get them in stock or an accurate ETA...
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top