AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry, it’s important enough to be continually ragged on.  I know that there will be a lot of excuses made, including a rather bizarre statement in a thread last Fall by a rep from a Chinese optics firm about it requiring “exotic” technology, but if a LPVO isn’t daylight bright I’m just not interested.
View Quote

Yeah we know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Geez how did I miss this?!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I like a good LPVO with or without daylight bright illumination. BUT i think I was spoiled once I looked through a truly bright LPVO in the Nightforce NX8, so I think i'll stick to daylight bright going forward.

Not to say I discourage the others, I just found it a bit easier to get onto target, and it even improved my stage times by a noticeable amount during close-range stages in bright environments.

Could just be my eyes. Probably just personal pref. I do like my Slx 1-6 and still find it to be an incredible value!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does everything have a bdc reticle of some kind?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll buy one if it's truly daylight bright @1x.
View Quote

I can tell you right now it won’t be with that reticle. The few that are typically only employ a dot in the center of the reticle...
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This. It’s like complaining that your iron sights aren’t daylight bright.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People who complain about daylight brightness on etched reticle ffp scopes, need training and classes... change my mind

This. It’s like complaining that your iron sights aren’t daylight bright.

Using a LPVO on 1x with a tiny reticle is less than ideal. Sorry...it’s a valid complaint if the product wants to be versatile. Otherwise it’s just a huge and heavy optic with no benefit (which they pretty much are anyways)...
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The reticle has been designed with specific elements that become visible at 1X to draw you eye to the center. Also there are things you can do at this price point to increase brightness that you can't with SLx pricing.

Remember that this is a SHOT show introduction.  We are still a few months from what we call the pilot run. That is when you will see them in peoples hands doing reviews.

View Quote

So we're talking maybe late summer, early fall for them to hit the shelves?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The reticle has been designed with specific elements that become visible at 1X to draw you eye to the center. Also there are things you can do at this price point to increase brightness that you can't with SLx pricing.

Remember that this is a SHOT show introduction.  We are still a few months from what we call the pilot run. That is when you will see them in peoples hands doing reviews.

View Quote

Hopefully it delivers. I’ve been disappointed with budget and higher then LPVO’s when it comes to battery life and daylight visibility. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one as my 12.5” Grendel microSPR needs something a bit more substantial than the 1-4 Vortex PST it currently wears.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
1. Marshall is awesome when it comes to commo with customers.

2. Make one of these in a GLx or PLx LPVO for 300BLK!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A LPVO that is NOT daylight bright is like an All weather scope that can't get wet.

The Whole POINT behind a LPVO is to have the charaterisitics of a red dot on 1X....

Name one 1X red dot that is NOT daylight bright?? I'll wait.

Everyone wants to play in the LPVO space and they all fall back on the same tired (it's an etched reticle argument) which is Optic speak for "It's not daylight bright"

If I can't use a LPVO like a Aimpoint, then it's just another scope with a cross hair.
Scope makers know what daylight bright is.... They just have to decide how important it is to there bottom like profit margin when building them.
And it's apparent that they tapped into a market where they can skimp on it and still sell them.

As the majority of shooters don't care and will buy them regardless. Luckily there are iptions for those of us who do.
View Quote

This is valid. The whole point of 1X is to mimic the ability of a RDS. If a 1-N optic cannot adequately mimic the performance of a RDS @ 1X, it loses most of the reason it is a LPVO in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is valid. The whole point of 1X is to mimic the ability of a RDS. If a 1-N optic cannot adequately mimic the performance of a RDS @ 1X, it loses most of the reason it is a LPVO in the first place.
View Quote

I agree and what's the point of having a 24mm objective if you have to go with an offset RDS anyway when you could just get a larger objective.

My main goal for doing any LPVO has always been to do away with any kind of piggyback/offset RDS and have the option of more magnification.

Another thing that bugs me is when the reticle is way too small in FFP on 1x to use without illumination on so that also can defeat the purpose of the LPVO. Of coarse without illumination in darker hrs it won't matter if the reticle is etched if the illum isn't working with FFP or SFP.

There are always going to be compromises either way you look at it.

Maybe a 1-10x FFP or SFP reticle with tritium and battery illum! MSRP $4000
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree and what's the point of having a 24mm objective if you have to go with an offset RDS anyway when you could just get a larger objective.
View Quote
DLO Explanations: Why do LPVOs have small objectives?

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Seen that when he put it up, thanks for the refresher though!

What I'm saying is why go with a LPVO's reticle that is useless on 1x in certain conditions where you will need to add an offset/piggyback rds, when you could just get an optic like a 2-10x or whatever to 12/14/15x with a larger obj and add an offest rds?

For me the purpose of an LPVO would be to not have a need for any offset or piggyback rds.

I know it gets hashed out here almost too much and hell, it even drives me nuts sometimes it gets so old hearing about it but there is a valid point in having a "daylight bright" reticle at 1x especially in FFP.

My LPVO's will most of the time live on 1x except for when I want or need that extra 8 or 10x to work on my handloads or just need to hit at distance. For me it's the best of both worlds. I don't want or have them because I just need to have the latest and greatest tacticool optic, I want and use them because they work for my needs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn. Reticles kinda killed it for me. Whish it had the ACSS Griffin Mil with the Chevron and Christmas tree.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good feedback. More reticles will be added over time!
View Quote

Thanks for the reply! It's just a personal preference for me to have information/grids on reticles that exceed x6 magnification.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn. Reticles kinda killed it for me. Whish it had the ACSS Griffin Mil with the Chevron and Christmas tree.
View Quote

Both new LPVO options have a Griffin Mil option... how does this kill it for you??
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The Burris XTR 2 1-8 SFF gets very bright, even on the brightest of days. Not sure why they seems to have it figured out where others still claim it and cant deliver
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Even the Burris XTR 1-8 FFP was daylight bright. Burris's LPVOs don't get the respect they deserve unfortunately. Hopefully the new PA and Athlon offerings can replicate Burris's exotic 2015 tech!
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I am with the others on loving the Burris XTR 2 but the weight kills it for me. I am looking to replace mine with somethiing lighter
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Both new LPVO options have a Griffin Mil option... how does this kill it for you??
View Quote

The names are the same but I was talking about this reticle.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#24]
@Iron-E yea it's the same reticle

Edit: Whoops....yea it does look  like a different reticle. My mistake
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Burris XTR 2 1-8 SFF gets very bright, even on the brightest of days. Not sure why they seems to have it figured out where others still claim it and cant deliver
View Quote

Exactly.

This shouldn’t be that difficult in 2021.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The names are the same but I was talking about this reticle.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0247/6353/1312/products/[email protected]?v=1576978941
View Quote

I’m in the opposite camp, I prefer something in SFP. setup like the original Razor HD reticle.  All that is noise to me.  That said love PA, will shop there always, and the 1-6 of theirs I bought dad is a heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The weight on these just kills it for me.
View Quote

I will say - don't discount this statement.  I run two of the 2.5-10x Griifen's.  Great scopes,  and while I do love how they are cross consistent with the excellent 2.5 CQB (same reticle at 2.5), these guys are indeed quite heavy.  It's about a 2 lb weight increase to the rifle with mount. Depending in what the rifle is supposed to be, that can be a pretty big deal.  

How this new version with no light gathering  objective lens or glass compared to the 2.5-10 version, weighs even more, I can't quite figure out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’m in the opposite camp, I prefer something in SFP. setup like the original Razor HD reticle.  All that is noise to me.  That said love PA, will shop there always, and the 1-6 of theirs I bought dad is a heck of a deal.
View Quote

I prefer zeroing the optic and using the reticle to do the rest of the work. Luckily they'll have multiple options.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Can't wait for some reviews and comparisons to come out between this and the Ares 1-10

So far it looks like:

PA 1-10x24: 30mm, 23.3 oz, 4" eye relief, FOV 104/9.6, 11.44" long , $1k MSRP, ETA late summer/fall

Ares 1-10x24: 34mm, 26.9oz, 3.7" eye relief, FOV 117.3/11.7, 10" long, $1140 MSRP (current street price $950 shipped) ETA late april early may

I'm ready to spend my money!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Personally I don't care for the horseshoe reticle, but I would love to get my hands on one of these to check out. I'm in the market to upgrade from my 1-4x I think the ACSS ARES-MOA would be perfect for this, except maybe in mils to stay with the adjustment knob. 1x you get a nice illuminated cross, 10x you get a good ranging reticle with a fine dot on target. Pretty please?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#31]
@MARSH1

How would this thing hold up on a SCAR 17?  Am about to buy one and will be looking at optics for it and so far I like what I've seen of the new GLx 1-10x24, so I'm hoping it can take the recoil impulse on a SCAR
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Dat 2021 lineup tho.

When will new products be avail? Need that prism and 1-10 nectar
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes just about every LPVO under a grand with a few exceptions are not going to be daylight bright.
View Quote
Laughably wrong.

Just off the top of my head

Vortex PST gen II 1-6
burris xtrii 1-5
burris xtrii 1-8
trijicon tr24 1-4
trijicon tr25 1-6
Steiner Px4i 1-4

and if you cruise the EE you can grab a vortex razor gen II 1-6 under $1000 also.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Laughably wrong.

Just off the top of my head

Vortex PST gen II 1-6
burris xtrii 1-5
burris xtrii 1-8
trijicon tr24 1-4
trijicon tr25 1-6
Steiner Px4i 1-4

and if you cruise the EE you can grab a vortex razor gen II 1-6 under $1000 also.
View Quote

OK I agree with some of that, but a razor under a grand on the EE is really laughable.

Never seen it and as you can see by my feedback I am on the EE quite frequently.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't forget the Delta Stryker is daylight bright as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't forget the Delta Stryker is daylight bright as well.
View Quote

Forgot about that one too.

How are you liking yours?

Give us an update when u can.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Any updates on a release date and when reviewers will have them?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

OK I agree with some of that, but a razor under a grand on the EE is really laughable.

Never seen it and as you can see by my feedback I am on the EE quite frequently.
View Quote
I mean, he's not wrong.

One sold for $950 last week. Sold in minutes, of course.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I mean, he's not wrong.

One sold for $950 last week. Sold in minutes, of course.
View Quote

You knew this and couldn't PM me?

Thanks for nothing!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why does everything have a bdc reticle of some kind?
View Quote

Because they have excellent utility on 'quick and dirty' type optics.

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Updates on availability??
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You are correct on both counts. The new GLx 1-6X will be $599   1-10X $999 Both 30mm tubes

In a given quality range a 10X zoom ratio optic will have compromises vs a 6X zoom.  No more than 300 yards I would probably go with the 1-6X as well

I will stay out of the shitstorm on illumination other than to say we have optimized the new 10X reticles to be effective at 1X and are pushing conventional etched reticle illumination as far as we can. Both of these are expected to ship mid year.  We are working on refractive reticles but that will be for a thread later this year.
View Quote

Well any updates when I can order one of the GLx 1-6 ?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#43]
PA-Glx-LPVO UPDATE

"We were not 100% satisfied with the pre production sample we received. We are reviewing the assemble procedures with the factory now. We will update as soon as possible."
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top