Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
Haven't seen much on this posted lately.
One website that looks like a scam has it listed for 3 dollars a box of 20. Another site has it for $40 for a box of 20.
Looking for real world pricing. Want to give a good deal to move it but don't want to screw myself.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
https://ammoseek.com/

https://ammoseek.com/

I use this.  Beware of shipping costs before you choose a vendor, it can wildly change the price.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's steel case, unless you're suggesting the polymer would bring the same.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's steel case, unless you're suggesting the polymer would bring the same.
View Quote

Is there any polymer-cased ammo out there? Diff I recall was polymer-coated steel vs lacquer coated steel vs copper washed steel vs brass vs aluminum vs etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haven't seen much on this posted lately.
One website that looks like a scam has it listed for 3 dollars a box of 20. Another site has it for $40 for a box of 20.
Looking for real world pricing. Want to give a good deal to move it but don't want to screw myself.
View Quote

I havnt seen any in probably 15 years. When I say "seen" I mean I would occasionally see the plastic cases on the range. I've never actually shot one.

I have read that in some guns it worked fine but other's (like any HK with flutted chamber) would wreak havoc and not function.

There is new polymer cased ammo coming out that is different though, although it's about $2 per round (.308).

Since there is a collector market for everything, I'm sure someone would be interested in the original stuff from 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:09:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is there any polymer-cased ammo out there?
View Quote

There is, and it is supposed to be available (some day) commercially.
Poly cased ammo

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
It's out there for sale.  I bought a box of it (308), but it's stupid expensive.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
There was some out there 10-15 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I shot some maybe 15-20 years ago that looked like a shotgun shell case.  It was garbage and would not work well in my AR
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I still have 3 boxes of the NATEC gray polymer cased ammo stuck in the back of the gun safe. Bought it in the mid '90s I believe.  Shot great in my old Bushmaster A2.
Saw the ammo at a gun show and figured what the hell. I'll try it.
Fired 10-12 rds through the Bushmaster and 4 or 5 rds through my 16" barreled AUG. No problems with it in either rifle.
Just set it back and never thought about it again. May try some of the new True Velocity for the hell of it also.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top