Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2023 7:35:01 AM EDT
I got it a few days ago and just took the handguards off to check the barrel info. To my surprise it has a Daniel Defense barrel. Is this something Colt would build or something the police department had done ? I have another PD trade in monolithic upper that started life as a 6940 and was sent to Specialized Armament to have the barrels cut down to 10.3" making it a 6945. Seems PD's have a lot of "custom" work done.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
barrel swap by PD armorer.

18Z50
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
There was nothing in the description about the barrel swap nor the Colt half moon unshrouded carrier. That's why I like PD trade ins so much. Never know what you're going to get.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By frankstang:
Colt half moon unshrouded carrier.
View Quote

That's what my LE6920 came with back in 1999.  It was always surprise with Colt back in the day, and not just on the LE guns either.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top